or Connect

Posts by Mommabelle

Popping in for dingo advice. Ds hurt his leg about 10 days ago and I really didn't worry about it. It hurt near where his leg meets the glutes and he would grab his leg when he stood up. Now it seems to hurt near the groin area too and holds his leg when he stands up from sitting. I don't know if he did it playing basketball or falling off his bike..or if it's something else entirely. The only reason I started to worry is because dh started to worry and he never...
I did make my weekend weight goal!! I have been doing pilates and it is totally helping with the hip/back. still reading along..
I was raised the southern way. Lots of good spanking, slapping and yelling! I don't let it bother me anymore, because I think my parents were mild compared to the way they were raised. However, I was determined to use another approach. It's easier to be APish the first year or so after that it's a bit fuzzy, but we do not spank or use shame based parenting. I sure can do some yelling every now and again! Aunt Flo helps me out with that! I just put it on the calander...
eks...hugs. You will figure out what you need in proportion to what the kids need because you are a loving and smart mom! Sometimes it just takes time to tweak the schedule and things change all the time so we have to reevaluate where we are. Forward motion: I have to keep moving, but I realize it's going to have to be pilates, yoga, aqua, strenght type stuff for awhile. I just made a schedule of classes from the gym. Eventually I will get some rehab for the...
Plady I have not been running The IT band and whatever else are still flaring. Last week I planned to start running again and then couldn't walk without limping around. So, today I went to the gym to take a strength class and found out it has been changed to pilates. I was sort of irked, but actually it turned out to be just the right thing! I will be back for more pilates next week. I will be following along and keeping up!
Geo..that is an interesting article. Mandy....hugs. Also I wish it was warm down here for you! One of my neighbors just let their sprinkler run, so the road should be good and icy for all the rest of us! Penelope..good vibes!!! This is my 3rd total sugar free day in row since the holidays and you know I haven't had any withdrawal headaches this time! I also started looking seriously at races last night and started getting excited! The one I really wanted...
Nic ...that is hilarious! For your ds it's not, but for adults it's funny! We have a clipper set. It sounds similar to eksmom and it works great. I have to pick a tri to do. I need something to look forward to right now, and something to train for to keep me honest. I actually miss swimming, and that's wierd because it was the thing that freaked me out the most when I first began. I do not know where I'm going to end up living right now, but it has to be near a...
I need to do a walk today. I don't mind running on the treadmill, but I don't like walking on it at all. I will put Born to Run on my reading list. It sounds like everyone is loving it! I saw a barefoot runner in town the other day, and since hearing about it here, I knew he wasn't just locked out of his house and running down to the neighbors to use the phone! So I didn't have to feel sorry for him running without shoes in the chilly weather. Ha! Does anyone...
Lofty..what language program are you using? For the liberal arts subjects we just use what our homeschool program sets up. SOTW, Easy Grammer, Shurley, Spelling Workout, Wordly Wise, dd reads a novel each month and does writing and projects to go along with it. She loves this. Both kids love the critical thinking books like Dr. Funsters. I could send you a weekly assignment sheet so you can see how it's set up if you want. We do Horizons math and Teaching Textbooks...
Happy New Year! I have hopes that 2010 is going to be an improvement over 2009! Y'all have some great fitness goals! I look forward to following the dingo progress! I need to nail down some specific fitness goals too. We have a ridiculous amount of stress just at the moment, but it is going to clear up in a month or so! I need to get through this next month as healthily as possible. Lot's of outdoor exercise and no sugar. After that I will figure out some race...