or Connect

Posts by Mommabelle

Anyone heard from Moonshine? I just had the most amazing two days! Totally rocked! I haven't had such a great time in I can't tell you when! We went out for a mother/daughter evening on Friday with friends and it was really good. Today I went to farm of people I have known all my life. Wow! I totally want to move there. 300 acres of awesomeness! My dd did not want to leave and man does she love goats and horses! My ds could run free and wear himself...
Jo..how long did it take to clear up the ringworm? We are working on one spot on dd, so far it's 10 days and it looks a lot better, so hopeing in another few days it will be gone. It just seems stubborn! Thought of you the other day. I love to read decorating books and the one I picked up from the library last week was influenced quite a bit by Morocco/Southern Spain. It was very neat how she blended that in to her home. Oh, wow..I love all y'alls bucket list of...
Jaygee..my ds went behind a building today (actually a church!) too! I think it is probably better if I stick to giving up all sugar. Also wheat and alcohol. It's just my friday night glass of wine (or 2...) calls me so loudly! Once I get 3-4 weeks done it won't be so bad though. Urgh..we do hybrid homeschool, and I tried to talk to the teachers today about me doing some things differently at home. Still learn the stuff, but do it to suit my kids (the big plus...
Lofty..I think the NT threads probably have a good recipe. Sugarfree folks: I went sugarfree in Jan all the way through end of July. The in-laws came for August, and... I'm finally sugarfree again. So, I'm back on the wagon. I just want to know if y'all eat ketchup, salad dressing etc.. if it has sugar in it? I totally went sugarfree before and avoided all that stuff, but feeling a little more relaxed this fall so just wondering.
Jenlove..I don't have experience with ginger for kids, but I personally have used it for motion sickness and it really worked. Now, at the time I needed it I just drank ginger beer (it had pieces of ginger floating in it), but a tea would probably work too with some honey for sweetner. Actually, I saw some ginger lollypops at a maternity shop a while back and wondered about those for motion sickness. I went for a walk last night and it did not hurt!
Those with the sah spouse...I had to learn a few tricks and it took some time to get there. I keep certain parts of our house picked up all the time, or they are picked up before dinner each day. Kitchen, living room and my bedroom. I try to do one load of laundry each day, sometimes I do get behind. If you have a guest bedroom, store the unfolded laundry in it if you can't get to it. Each Friday the downstairs is cleaned nicely. The upstairs..well..we try but it's...
Jaygee..how long did you go to therapy? I'm in week 2 and feeling progress, but I'm really sore the day after each session. I keep getting more exercises (stretch/strength) to do at home. I'm ready to run!
Nic..hugs! I really hope everything turn around for y'all soon! We also continue on the roller coaster that seems to be life right now. We just found out that someone is using my sons SS# right now, so I can't get the kids health care sorted for yet a little longer! Gaye..Happy Birthday! I had therapy yesterday, and honestly I am feeling better today!!! I go back on Friday. I have exercies to do each day for homework. I got to lay on the warm hydrabed at the...
Yuck..RATS!! Huggy is hero!!! I went to the sports rehab place on Sat. I had x-ray taken and they want me to get an MRI done. My bones look good and the hips are not grinding together. The lower vertebrae is fused to my lower back, which is not totally uncommon. Anyway, they need an MRI to look at the soft tissue or just in case there is a cyst (freak me out!). Unfortunetly, I'm still waiting on sorting out my insurance, so I can't do that for a little while...
Jaygee...Could you tell me again what your diagnosis was for you leg/hip? I'm finally going to be able to go and see someone and get some stuff done. Today I can't even walk around without hurting, and it really seems like it's both hips, but alternates from side to side which one hurts more. Yesterday, I desperatly wanted to go for a run, and even looked at the treadmill with envy! LOL Gigi..I don't know what I"m going to do about my thyroid meds. This is...