or Connect

Posts by dswmom

I have been fortunate enough to receive some hand me down cloth diapers from a friend, but need to add to what I have. I've read about wool, cotton, hemp and still really don't know what else to buy. My little one is not here yet, so I haven't had a chance to practice with what I have and wonder if that's what I should do first. I'm looking for simplicity...no need for the diapers to be colorful or with patterns. I tend to be drawn towards the plain, natural looking...
We're not into expensively, lavish birthday parties, but I love to be creative and have fun with the kiddos and parents, but this year, I'm coming up with nuttin'. (It's got to be pregnancy brain!) I've asked my son for ideas about what he wants to do for his birthday (which is in a few weeks) and his opinion changes each day. Anyone throw a fun birthday party that you'd like to share with me? Theme ideas, cake ideas, decoration ideas...all are welcome! Of course, I'll...
I saw on this site once an advertisement for stretch mark cream that claims to "really work", but I can not for the life of me remember what it's called. It was formulated by a mom who used natural and organic (I think) ingredients. Does anyone have a clue about this??
I recently visited a chiropractor who had a very convincing argument to get me and my family signed up for a 72 visit regimen in order to correct subluxations in our spine. While I believe so much of what he says there is a part of me that is having a difficult time buying into the fact that I, like everyone else he treats, must go 72 times in 9 months in order to benefit from his care. Then there is the continued care after the initial 9 months. Maybe I'm just too used...
Quote: Originally Posted by jkpmomtoboys I agree that's a gross generalization. Maybe that's true for your kids but it hasn't been true for mine. I don't think our 4 hour a week preschool has ever taught our kids anything like that. They've learned empathy, kindness, respect for alternative authority figures, etc... My oldest is now in a Sudbury-like public school that encourages independent thought and respect. So again, scare tactics are fun...
Quote: Originally Posted by maya44 This is a thread about PRESCHOOL. Preschool is NOT day care. Some day caree may have a preschool component. But they are NOT the same. Some people may like to call their day care "preschool" but that is not what it is. Babies do not go to preschool. Preschool is generally for children ages 3-5. Its usually for a few hours (2-3) per day. The issues are simply not the same. I can see your point and I...
I need direction. My cousin, a beautiful mom to three beautiful children, tried to kill herself this week. I can not believe these words are being written about someone in my life. I am in so much grief at the moment for so many reasons. But my goal for posting this is for someone to give me some guidance. how can I help her? I am over 5 hours away from her, she has no other family close by, has no group of friends to support her and her children right now and her...
Have you thought about adding the oil to a smoothie? There is no evidence that the oil is there and my son (3) drinks it down without a complaint. We use organice unfiltered apple juice as the base and mix in blueberries or other fresh fruit. Good luck!
I found this book the other day and am just now sinking my teeth into it, but I can't stop thinking about what the author brings to light. Stay at home moms are short changed in every aspect of society...we get NO benefits from the government, if we get divorced the chances of us depending on welfare rise significantly because many states don't have laws supporting half of the income going to the wife after a divorce since the husband "earned" the money, and we can...
You're right. I am making some assumptions---I didn't mention that my husband speaks to her husband regularly though and more information about how things are going is passed along through him.