or Connect

Posts by mamatoElias

I was about that far along with my second son when I woke up from a nap to smell paint remover fumes.  (Long story involving ink stains from a pen in the dryer and a door to the garage left open.)  I know its not exactly the same situation, but I was so worried about the fumes harming the baby.  My son is now four and he is perfect in every way.  I would contact your care provider as s/he can probably offer some reassurance. Please try not to worry.  I think I probably...
    Glucose and water are substances that are in my baby's body anyway.  Cow's milk and vegetable oils and other formula ingredients are not.  There is a big difference between the two even if a child is not allergic to anything in the formula.     
  That makes sense.  And, of course, just because it wouldn't be a big deal to me doesn't mean it shouldn't be to you.  I would be SOOO upset if I were in the same situation, but it was formula in the bottle instead of glucose water.  I know a lot of moms wouldn't agree with a little formula being a big deal, but it sure would be to me.  I'm glad you're doing something to advocate for change and it sounds like you've been respectful and kind while still firmly standing...
I agree with this also.  However, if you would like to advocate for some changes to be made as far as considering breastmilk to be a clear liquid, that sounds like a great cause.  It sounds like you received great care and your nurse didn't push artificial nipples or glucose water when you declined it.  Even if your baby had gotten a sip before you were able to intervene, I think don't think she would've been any worse for the wear.  I would be upset about formula, but...
I'm surviving.  I do think it gets easier every day.  It helps that my little one is so happy to spend time with her Daddy and is taking a bottle well.  If she was having a hard time without me, I don't think I could make myself leave her.  Is it getting easier for you too?  Is your daughter doing okay with the transition?  
You're not ridiculous at all and definitely shouldn't be banned from reproducing (well, I don't know you, but nothing you said in your post would make me think so!).  You're just in a kind of tough situation.  I would encourage you to try to provide your baby with as much breastmilk as you are reasonably able to provide.  But please don't guilt trip for giving some formula or ending up completely formula feeding if that's what happens.  Breastfeeding is great for a lot...
I mark easily as well, so I think I understand what you mean.  I will have petechiae (pinpoint red dots) if I carry a heavy bag over my shoulder or arm.  These are painless and for me are just normal.  This is very different than the bruising in the OP's photographs.  A pediatrician will have seen a lot of normal bumps and bruises and be able to identify suspicious versus normal and rule out medical causes.    
  My first day of work was yesterday and I am devastated even though I am lucky enough to work part time. My daughter is not quite 3 months old and it is so awful being away from her.  She is my third child, but I've never left such a young baby before.  It sounds silly, but it almost seems like she isn't even real when I'm at work.  I'm sort of in a daze without her.  Part of me (okay most of me) wants to quit, but I also enjoy my job and I think I'd regret it a year...
NOT OKAY!!!  Please bring those photos and take your child to the pediatrician.  S/he can help you take the next step to alert the proper authorities.  Sorry, but bruises shaped like fingers don't happen on accident.  I could maybe believe it happened once on accident (doubtful though!).  If your daughter was anemic or had low platelets you would notice additional bruising from little falls/ bumps.  Think about how hard someone would have to grab you to leave marks like...
Thanks ladies, but I actually found out a friend of mine has a radian I can try out.  She bought it out of state and flew it up.  Where did you purchase yours?