or Connect

Posts by WildinTheory

My DS (almost 5 )has finally gotten into a really easy and regular sleep pattern, now that he's given up naps for good in the last year.  He's sleeping around 8 and awake between 6:30 and 7.    My 15 month old DD used to be asleep by 6:30pm and I loved that!  Lately it's been getting later (between 7 and 7:30) and she's awake for the day around 7.  She takes one nap around 11 for about an hour and a half.  Of course, she wakes up a least half a dozen times a night...
I never leave home without my stroller.  Not that either of my kiddos sat in it that much, but I love how I can load it up with all the stuff we need.  Waterbottles on top in the holders near the handle bar.  Keys and phone in the zippered pocket.  Beach blanket in the basket underneath.  Bag over the handle bars loaded with diapers, snacks, a hat or two, suncreen, and all kinds of thing (cash in case we need it, etc.)  That way, when I park the stroller off to the side...
We're facing this question right now as well.  Our cut off here is Dec. 31!  My son, with a mid-Nov. birthday makes the cut-off by 6 weeks and we've decided not to send him.  I will admit that the fact that kindergarten is full days was part of the reason.  DS is not ready socially and the stress of being away from home all day, five days a week would we way too much for him.  Kindergarten at four for months, just seems too young.  We're doing a 3 day/week preschool as a...
  Unfortunately I'm going to be the third to say that 6 is too early.  With my 12 month old, who has naturally fallen into a rhythm of an early bed time with one nap, I try very hard to have her go to sleep closer to 7.  If she falls asleep before 6:30 she is tossing and turning and waking every hour after midnight. I know you said it had been working for you but I think the key is that it is past tense.  Sleep transitions are incredibly hard.  My kids always got "stuck"...
  This is our schedule too.  I'm trying to push back the morning nap a little to 10:30 or even 11 just because it helps shorten the afternoon a little for my 13 month old.  She is almost always sleeping by 6:45 and will sleep till about 7:30 am.  (Yay me!  Although she does nurse through out the night.)  Yesterday we had an afternoon birthday party and she slept on the drive home and while I did a few errands from 4:00 to 5:30.  Boy did I pay for that one!  She was up...
Oh boy!  I can relate to this one.  When we finally got my DS to be willing to go to sleep in his own bed/room when he was almost 4, I was so excited I didn't mind laying with him.  But then one day, I was just done.  I needed him to be able to fall asleep on his own.  As well, like you, he was resistant to DH having any part of it.  What worked for us was telling him that I would lay with him for 10 minutes and then I'd be right in the living room.  I was still close to...
 Yes!  I'm a amazed at how quickly both my kids learned "backwards".  We taught then both at around 8-9 months and it was simply amazing.  Yes it took a while to master it fully but my DD backs off everything that is slightly high now.  If the room is babyproofed, I would try not to worry too much.    
I did sleep with my back to DD.  We side-carred the crib and that helped me to be okay with it since it gave us tons of room.  When she was tiny I would always make sure she was in the middle of the crib and I would move over toward the middle of our king bed.  That way even if she did move in her sleep she was far from my back/pillow/blanket.  And to be honest, I found that when I have a newborn I don't sleep all that soundly.  I was awake at smallest movement so it...
For my 11 month old, there are definitely nights like that.  I've been trying to make sure that she has a food snack right before bed. (Yogurt is most often what she has.)    It "seems'" to be working but I'm not sure that there's a real correlation.  I agree with the PP about being tired.  My DD is mostly down to one nap a day in the late morning.  Then she'll go to bed for the night around 6:30-7:00.  BUT if she has a second nap it won't be until 8:30 or 9:00.  (And...
I'm right there with you.  DD is going to be 1 next week and I am so tired of helping her fall asleep.  Honestly, it's been really easy up until now.  Then she gave up one of her daytime naps.  And she's almost walking. In essence, she's 1.  And really, there's not much I enjoy about 1 year olds and sleep.  They aren't old enough to reason with.  Mine are horrible at doing anything independently, including playing.  (So a crib wouldn't help me since she'd just cry.)  My...