or Connect

Posts by solidcitizqueen

Try the scrub another amazing woman posted here, which is one part of oat flour, 1/2 part sea salt, 1/2 part corn meal. Then, follow w/ honey (even as a mask for an hour). After that, you can also use straight shea (unrefined is best) on your face at night, or do a little "facial" by putting warm wet cloths on your face while the shea is on, so it soaks and absorbs. I know you said you're broke, but if it helps to know........I spent UNDER $10 for the scrub above, and...
Hate to think about it, but terpentine might work. Call a hardware store and see if they have suggestions. I can't imagine that if it is silkscreened on that it would be easy to get off. Great gift idea, and hope it works out!
Licensed nail tech and educator here. Get a mix of oils you may have on hand (jojoba, sweet almond, avocado, sunflower, safflower, and grapeseed are the top of my long list), and mix in some salt (if cuticles aren't cracked) or sugar (if cuticles are cracked), and scrub the mixture in little circles around your nail beds and cuticles and entire hands. Best to do it before bed every night, because the oils will have a chance to penetrate and not be washed off, etc. By...
Quote: Originally Posted by Spastica My latest method is: - Scrub armpits in shower with baking soda. Rinse - Spray diluted apple cider vinegar on pits. Rinse. - Get out of shower, towel-dry off. Rub liquid coconut oil all over body (great for winter skin) and add an extra 1/2 teaspoon on each pit and rub in. Stench free all day. It smells great when you put it on. By the end of the day, it doesn't smell coconutty but it smells like a regular...
All things considered, for a commercial brand, it's the least of the evils. It does have tallow of many forms, which I don't care for. If I ever needed to buy it again, I would, but it would be more out of last resort. I'm working up the drive and time to make my own soap again, but in the meantime, my new bar soap love is Zum (frank and myhrr flavored goat's milk soap).
I wouldn't do it either. They are different products, and you won't get the results you're looking for. Baking soda has sooooooooooo many uses (home and body). Baking powder is a different compound and not as resourceful.
I'm a flax fan, but honestly don't notice a difference in my skin w/ or w/out taking flax. I do it because it's good for me, and I'm almost on my 2nd bottle. I'll probably always take it, even though I don't notice a change in my skin!
Ok, since Diva rides up to her comfy spot, try this routine: Do the punch down fold (pushing one part of the rim into the center of cup and fold the rest like a taco). Get Diva in and push as far as you are comfy. Make sure the rim goes past your vag wall, and then pinch the bottom of Diva's butt. This should make her open up, and it may be a soft/squished open. Run your finger around to see that no part of Diva is still collapsed, although she might be squished,...
Daytime is jojoba oil, nighttime is unrefined shea butter. We're both in TX, and our weather is drying us out right now, so hang in there. I wash w/ african black soap, followed by a 2nd washing w/ honey. Once a week, I throw some bs in w/ the honey for a scrub. I use jojoba every day for moisturizer, and most days it does a great job, but today I needed extra, so shea and I made a date!
Actually, others have mentioned it before (may not have been here that I read it). Make sure the cup isn't placed too high or too low. Placement can play a key role in using cups, from what you're experiencing, all the way to leaking. Also, have you read prior posts about other suggestions, including the Diva Dance that I "created". That might also help you. I've experienced the feeling of needing to pee, and it was because I didn't have Diva in her "comfy spot". ...