or Connect

Posts by solidcitizqueen

You can order washing soda too, so a little patience might save you frustration. The only place I can find it is at my grocer here, as Walmart and Target don't carry it. You might call a chemical supply warehouse if there is one in your area. Otherwise, you should actually be able to "special order" it from Walmart or whomever around you carries other A&H products!
Quote: Originally Posted by Finch I *think* this is the right forum, since I'm not asking how to cure the fungus (already on it), but more how not to spread it. So, can nail fungus be spread via nail polish? I.e., using the same brush on an infected nail will cross-contaminate a healthy nail? I am a nail tech, educator, and licensed in 2 states. If polish spreads fungus, this is the first I've heard or known, and I've networked w/ a...
This forum saved my face. I have always used african black soap and honey off/on for years, while trying other products (including pharmaceutical grade) to try to get what's "right". By simply adding baking soda to my honey once a week as a scrub (thanks, Spastica), and adding the oat flour/cornmeal/sea salt scrub to my routine once a week, using raw honey as a mask once a week, and using jojoba oil (if super dry, I use unrefined shea over night) as a daily moisturizer,...
Quote: Originally Posted by sammysmammy Um....okay,this seems to be happening to me more and more on here.I wasn't looking for opinions on what my role is as a parent,simply some honest recommendations concerning good brands of organic tampons.Quite honestly,though--as long as I'm buying their feminine products,and responsible for their well being--I do think I have every right to narrow the options they have.Which is why I don't buy all the crap sugar...
Quote: Originally Posted by darlintxmomma i know my hair is damaged...i color it religiously (i know...bad bad me ). i am about to have it cut and was thinking about starting after that. i am super greasy at the roots and dry as a bone at the ends. i see that some of you use conditioner with bs the rince with acv....would that be good to start with to help with the dryness? also...and im pretty sure i know the answer, but do any of you still color your...
Quote: Originally Posted by emcare Ok, so here's my update. (I know you were all dying to know) I guess I was just wearing it too low, because now, when I wear it up super high, it doesn't seem to fall down. I've been doing the diva dance as well and that helps me feel like it's opened right. I am glad to say that I forgot that I was even having my period a couple times (no cramps since first dd). Yeah! I am now a happy diva user, but will keep...
I make my own laundry soap, pour a cup of it in, and a scoop of oxy (from Biokleen) in, and it gets BLOOD out of our cloth wipes (DD used white cloth t.p. during her cycle). Not a TRACE of stain on anything. Kids left something in the wash that stained some clothes. I poured my laundry soap on the stains, let it soak in, and then washed like I normally do, and it got almost all the red stain out.
Quote: Originally Posted by Conteuse Are any of you folks worried about turning blue? Argyria, I mean. It's a permanant condition. It's a serious question; it happened to Stan Jones due to his use of colloidal silver. Here's an article about it. Not worried at all. I have used it for a couple of years for various things (YI for daughter, and flu or strep threats), and never exceed recommended dosage. It's been very effective in my home...
Quote: Originally Posted by momto l&a I must ask the op How in the world did you get GSE down your son? That stuff is nasty. So whats your trick I personally treat all illness with vitamin C, as much as I can get down the sick person. For the flu elderberry and selium I mix it in juice, and add "emergen-c" in it too. Doesn't taste a thing.
I use honey every day, and used to years ago (w/ no change in pores). When I use bs in the honey, I tone w/ vinegar, but that's the only time. I'm not overly oily, except in tzone, but since changing my routine, my oil slick has calmed down significantly.