or Connect

Posts by solidcitizqueen

I was never a koolaid mom, and got lotsa crap about it. I only kept juice in the house because I qualified for WIC way back then. Still to this day, I only keep milk and water in the house, and other drinks are offered when we go out and as treats. I don't know how you feel about sweet options, but they make flavored stevia drops that you can add to water, and it beats the splenda flavored and juice flavored waters out there. I don't know what you know about stevia,...
OMG! E.V., that is SOOOOO adorable!!!
Ok, I hope someone can tell me why men tend to be more regular than women. I eat much healthier than hubby, and he can go like 3-4 times a day, and I might go every other day. I drink water, work out, don't eat red meat, nor do I smoke or drink alcohol at all. I don't drink soda (unless I need the texture from an Icee when it's hot outside), and only have coffee like 2 times a week (which really pushes my system through every single time, and I don't want to drink...
I was a lurker before joinging, and now that I've joined and am almost a "somebody" to get to 50 posts, I have to say I thank Spastica the most for all of the help, suggestions, hints, tricks, tips, etc. You are an amazingly resourceful person, and so helpful to others, and so completely "out with it" the way people think things and don't really say. You rock, and I hope others continue to take your advice! I don't know if I'm actually allowed to post this publically,...
Sorry, the CVS brand is called Juice Organics. Ooops!
Oh! And one more thing...............if you are curious to try any of the products, you can have them tested on your skin if you live near a Sephora, AND they will give you a few samples to take home to make sure you don't break out more. Keep in mind that sometimes your skin "rejects" new products, and might need a week or so to adjust to something new. That has been my experience, but you may be different.
Have you considered titanium dioxide in the form of a tinted moisturizer or mineral makeup? I personally use Juice Beauty's regular and tinted moisturizers. They DO leave your skin "shiny", so a little powder over it helps. I have been using a mineral makeup (bare minerals) for 7 years, and it also has titanium dioxide in it for a natural SPF. Know that natural SPF's will usually leave you looking shiny, but not oily, so if you want a more "matte" look, you'll need to...
First, I have to say I have not yet tried the no-poo regime, but plan to. Having said that, I can try to volunteer myself for the project of experimenting, because I have naturally curly hair that is also salon-colored dark. I use salon poos and conditioners, as well as smoothing serums to keep me from "fro-ing" out like Bozo. It's been yeeeears since I used ACV in my hair, but I'll give it another go. I do enjoy my salon hair products, and probably won't give them...
I made my own laundry soap from an online recipe, and used vinegar as the fabric softener, and I am so elated that my darks are now de-stinked! I was having such an issue w/ the darks that as soon as the wash cycle was over, I'd open the door, and they'd smell musty. The only way I could get them to smell clean was to wash them on the 2 hour "sanitize" cycle, which is NOT cost effective on the energy bill, regardless of energy Star! So, to frugality I went, having...
We've been using Spry products, which contain Xylitol. The kids' pediatric dentist/ortho recommends the products, and I was using them before they started seeing him. They also have a mouthwash and gum. The gum is even safe for braces wearers! Anway, I don't know if there's anything in the Spry toothpaste you are trying to avoid, but there is NO sugar (and Xylitol fights the cavity causing bacteria based on molecular makeup). I chose it also because it doesn't have...