or Connect

Posts by solidcitizqueen

No, just always had a tilted uterus. Mother and grandma too. Never had episiotomy, thank goodness. I had one stitch after my daughter was born, because I tore a smidge. He wasn't gonna stitch me, and I gave him the clearance to better be safe than sorry. They have to use the smaller speculums on me (teenager/virgin), even after 2 kids and 33 years old. I cry every single time I get an exam, and I endured tattoos (including permanent makeup) and piercings, so you'd...
I guess I have to say...........................my love of menstrual cups is profound. I tell my girlfriends that "some man had to invent that shoe horn they use on us during exams...........a man who's ex got the kids, car, house, dog, and retirement..............and he'd teach women a lesson". I have a tilted uterus, and exams are and always have been so painful. Tampons had always been painful. I always always hated my period. I'm heavy 2 or 3 out of SEVEN days,...
Aw, Perl, that's such a great gift! If I'd have ever rec'd one as a gift (not knowing about them), I'd have gone "hmmmmmmmmmm", but opened it up and gave it a try, and be indebted to you for life. I hope she knows something about cups, and if not, I really hope she opens up to the thought of cycle freedom! Cups are the BEST invention for cycling!
When hubby and I set out to buy a new bed (waterbed signed off on life), we looked into latex at a retailer. I could NOT get past the smell, even though they suggested mattress covers, etc. I got a terrrrrrible headache just "test driving". I was very set on getting one, until that. I also can't be in a tire shop or stand new shoes because of the rubber smell. Anyway, the latex bed felt soooooo comfy, but it was just too risky for my migraines (many are triggered by...
Thanks everyone! Costco is not far from me, and we have a membership. I'll check it out! I am warming back up to this community again!!!! Thanks for your help!
First, thanks to all who share their BS and Vinegar suggestions. I think it's amazing. Second, I just got a gallon of white vinegar from Target for under $2, but only found TINY boxes of A&H baking soda (only 54 cents each). Anyway, my BS will be GONE in NO time, so I'd like to know what the largest sizes most of you get, and where, and about what you pay. Thanks again!
I just got hooked on Juice Beauty products, which are organic and free of parabens. They are NOT cheap, but my skin LOVES them. I use the apple line from them. You can get samples of their products to try from Sephora, to make sure you respond well from them. Keep in mind that sometimes skin reacts to good stuff at first, until it finds balance. On the cheap and easy side, I successfully used authentic African black soap and unrefined shea butter, which I ordered...
I use the Diva wash, but only because it was bought for me by my friend. It's a decent wash, but I can't say I "need" to buy it again. Natural soaps will work just as well, like Bronner's or just your fave!
I can relate to your desire under the circumstances, but I would never want to interfere w/ mother nature. Maybe the stress, alone will delay it?! It's only a few hours, sweetie. Messing w/ your hormonal balance is risky, so I hope for you that the stress will be the answer you're looking for to delay it for a day! Good luck. Remember, there is always cups!
The Keeper is the first cup I heard about, after Insteading for 10 years. I'm allergic to latex, or Keeper would be in my newfound "collection" of cups. I accidentally got their silicone version off Ebay, after already having purchased a Diva for myself and daughter. Silicone Keeper is being lent to sister in law. Mooncup from UK is on it's way to me, but probably won't be here in time for my cycle due on Sunday or Monday, then I leave out of state on Tuesday (w/ Diva...