or Connect

Posts by witchygrrl

When we lived in North Andover, we went to Dr. Allara in Middleton. We liked him a lot, and he was fine delaying until our DD was 2 years old. He didn't bully at all, has great bedside manners, and would just quickly ask and then be fine with the answer.   Some others in Middleton Family Practice (can't remember their names are less fine with it), but I remember having a conversation with one doc about the rotavirus vax and how while he would be fine with the other...
I lived in New Bedford for a few years after attending UMass Dartmouth, and I still have some friends there.So we go down all the time to visit.   There are some great shops and restaurants. There is one small organic grocer (Down to Earth), I think, on Rt. 6 in New Bedford (but no one I know goes) and there are some great farms in Dartmouth (and they have a great school district). Fairhaven is really cute, too. Commuting from Dartmouth would be a quick shot up Rt....
Sorry to get back to this so late. My DD was in the program for 2 years, ending this past Tuesday. She started at age 3 and is not quite 5 now. We'll be putting her in a traditional kindergarten (so many mixed feelings about this, but we're just not homeschoolers, as some families in the program are).   Anyway, my daughter did very well there. Miss Kirsten makes delicious meals for the kids (she is a trained cook as well as schooled in Waldorf principles) and Miss...
Janet Levatin moved to OH. She is no longer in practice in Massachusetts.  
Give a call. Not sure if there is more room.
My DD will be finishing up this June. We've loved it. There's an afternoon version for older kids that we're considering putting her in.
I had my baby at the NSBC back in 2008. Eva was my midwife and she was fantastic. What happened afterwards wasn't that great, but that was Beverly Hospital, not the midwives.   I was GBS positive, but I am allergic to the antibiotics used to treat that during labor. So I opted for no antibiotics, as I was told the alternatives are not always "allowed" by pediatricians as being proper treatment. I agreed to stay in the hospital for 48 hours with my baby to be...
So DH did *not* get the job. We're okay about it. It was going to be a crazy amount of hassle for what could have been a really short period of time. There are other positions that are more defined.The art program he's currently teaching for has asked him to think about more classes to teach, and where DD goes to waldkindergarten has also asked DH to trial some "art in the woods" in the afternoons.   So things are looking fine.
I used to take my DD to Dr. Allara at Family Medical Associates in Middleton. Not only is it across the street from Richardson's Ice cream (okay, not related, but it made dr.'s visits more fun), but he was very accepting of me not wanting to vax until age 2 (my original wait and see position). He was also very happy for me to plan on breastfeeding until age 2 (again, my original position-we breastfed until after DD turned 3. We have since weaned). He had great bedside...
DH has made it officially to the 2nd round.   He has to teach a lesson....at 7:30 AM. This school is half an hour away from where we live (back roads), and DD's school is 20 minutes away from where we live...in the opposite direction. Because of how my schools schedule, I only have one class that day, so I'm getting a substitute, so I can take DD to school.   If Dh gets this job, we have to hire a nanny to take care of DD and get her to school 4 days a week. And...