or Connect

Posts by mrskingred

From previous conversations with my Mum , my sister and I were potty trained well before two. She can't remember the exact age in months. My brother (13 months younger than I) was apparently lazy . Mum says he was over 2.5, but definately before his 3rd birthday. She used terry squares and safety pins with plastic pull on covers. This was the UK in the late 60s, early 70s. I did ec with back up for my DS. He was totally out of nappies (I used cloth for back-up)  before...
I made one. However its not minimal use of plastic but recycling and he does use the plasters/bandages on his parents as well as his lovies. I used a red plastic lunch box and put a big cross on it, then filled it with small syringes, measuring spoon, plasters, bandages, gauze pads, blunt tweezers and a real stethoscope we were given by my FIL who used to work in medical sales. The contents either came with specific medications (syringes, spoons), were "expired" but...
My 5 yo is in bed and about 8pm and usually asleep by 8.30pm if not before. He starts school at 9am and it doesn't finish until 4.30pm. We eat ridiculously early by Spanish standards, aiming to have dinner on the table by 7.15pm. Kids in his class go to bed an hour or more later.
We started off delayed and selective vaccination (in USA), but are now almost up to date (at least by Spanish standards). DS got Hib, but has never had Prevnar. We were going to delay until after 2, for the one dose, but ended up moving to Europe. DS ended up getting Men C vaccination at age 4.5yo. Never heard that you have to give Prevnar if they have Hib, no one mentioned that either in UK or here in Spain.
My 5 yo loves his Brio Builder. He;s always constructing things with it. Vehicles, machines of all types, cameras, traps for dinosaurs and guns. He also plays with his wooden brio railway and with his Playmobil, although he tends to use that mostly in the bath  - submarine and boat. He has a small fort, but doesn't really play with it much. He doesn't really use his Legos, but still uses his wooden blocks as pretend trees, or construction material for use with the...
As mentioned by pp, if you have never visited I would definitely do that first. Both DH and I are UK citizens, but we lived in the USA for 10+ years and DS was born in the US. We returned to the UK when DS was 17 months. I did not want to return to the UK - my family are spread out in Europe and Australasia, but had no choice. We were originally hoping to return, but this did not happen - long irrelevant story. Although, I an a native UK citizen, on my return, I felt...
Treat yourself to some new bras. As a pp said it really will make a lot of difference to how you feel. I bought various nursing bras as my size and shape changed, but when DS was 3.5 and only nursing at night or before breakfast, I went back to normal regular underwired bras. The difference in fit and shape was amazing. I get remeasured and buy new bras every 6 months to a year depending on when I can get to a country with good lingerie shops - like the UK (US and Spain...
I was hoping you'd get more replies, as I'm weaning my 5 yo atm. So far its going well. We had spoken a lot about him not nursing after his 5th birthday over the past 4 or 5 months. He asked to nurse the evening of his birthday and I agreed, saying it was the last time. DS tried to negotiate until his 6th birthday at that point but was told discussion is over. He complained for less than 5 minutes the first night w/o nursing. Hasn't been an issue since and hasn't asked....
I ended up buying all my bras from the UK, I did have a bravado bra made up specially for me that I wore when the milk first came in. I also temporarily bought some cheap target nursing camis (size L I believe and unpicked/resewed the underband to make it smaller) - I did this before I gave birth so probably not helpful for you. You will come down in size. Prepreg I was a UK 30E, at approx 10 weeks of nursing a UK 32 H (Royce) and then I got back into size 30. (I could...
I'm in a similar position to you. I live in Spain, my sister and parents live in NZ and my brother lives in the UK. I have already asked my brother and SIL if they would be DS legal guardian. We haven't lived in Spain for very long, so we wouldn't ask anyone here, however when we were living in the US we did consider asking very good friends of ours in the event that my brother refused as that was where DS was born and where had made out home.   I have a sneaking...