or Connect

Posts by Shahbazin

I don't use it much, because I can't browse & look for something for myself while riding herd on 2 toddlers , they don't usually have the books I'm looking for (& I don't like to wait, it's usually something I need now), plus it's hard to get all of the books back on time when I check out stuff for the kids (I had a major overdue fine recently from when we recarpeted the house & several picture books inadvertantly got packed up with the kids' own books, not to resurface...
I agree with the limited amount of toys, make it easy to put away, & make it disappear if the child doesn't care for his/her belongings. Reasons are always good - we don't leave things out because people could trip over them & be hurt, the toys could be stepped on & broken, the dog could chew them up; I admit to telling my kids that we'll be vacuuming the floor after they go to bed, & any toys left out will be "sucked up". I do usually vacuum & do other housework late,...
Here's some info on repairing a dishwasher rack http://www.ehow.com/how_5098158_repa...her-racks.html
Besides wiping down or washing what you can to get rid of the greasy nicotine film, airing stuff outside for a while is best; if you can't do that, some odor absorbing tricks that people I know have used include sticking the smokey item(s) in a plastic bag with either a box of baking soda or a dryer sheet (for about 6 months). Congrats on finding the ornaments!
We have a 1950s house in southern CA we bought late last year; it had a few spot treatments for termites over the years, but nothing for the last decade, & its... buggy. Not "about to fall down" buggy, but "golly, I don't believe spot treatments would work anymore" buggy. So we're planning on tenting it with Vikane gas next month - it looks like the best option for removing all of the existing termites - but now, after having originally read how with this gas, you do need...
Regarding pumping, I was able to get down to 4 sessions a day (rented hosital pump), & still make 30+ oz (I was on Domperidone too though); my 2nd DD had severe reflux issues (was on Prilosec, which helped - since 5 weeks), but from 4-5 months gained 0 oz due to not wanting to nurse much/transfer well (lots of arching & screaming all along), which lowered my supply, which made less available... I ended up feeding some formula for a month while I brought my supply up from...
My kids have a bunch of posters on their walls - laminated, so they'll last. Mostly stuff I had that they liked, or that I liked as a kid - a poster from AKC of all the dog breeds (the photos are of puppies), British sheep breeds, colors in Shetland sheep (I used to breed sheep - Shetlands, in fact ), & 3 Escher prints.
Quote: Originally Posted by MrsJewelsRae .... In one cage, they had the biggest chickens I've ever seen! They were are a butterscotch colour and very large. They were fluffy, but not like a silky. The rooster was just massive, he seemed to look 15 lbs! The cage only listed them as being "Golden-Yellow" and I've never heard of that and can't find anything on google. The only thing I can think they resemble is a Buff Orpington, which I've never seen...
Someone in my state already mentioned this - earthquakes, wildfires, flooding, land slides. We keep extra supplies around the house & in our cars in case of earthquake, & keep backups & important papers in a folder in case of evacuation. We lost power & water for 2 weeks 7 years ago during a wildfire (used candles, could cook on the gas stove, used stored bottled water for us, & water from the stock tanks for washing & for the livestock, ended up buying a generator to run...
I'm going to mention, those fire-proof safes are not dependable - they don't work in wildfires, for instance, where the temps are substantually higher than regular house fires. Friends of mine took their stuff out of their fire safe, when they evacuated for a wildfire, & it was good they did, since their safe was pretty much vaporized. I 2nd the "important papers" notebook - as well as keeping the originals somewhere out of the home (safety deposit box, etc.); keeping...