or Connect

Posts by Shahbazin

Last summer, when my older DD was just turned 3 & potty learning, we had a lot of discussion about peeing & pooping in our back yard. Her attitude was, "the dog does it, why shouldn't I?" Now she is 4, and no longer tries to imitate our dog. Your in-laws need to relax!
I think I'd just not eat any of the pizza - anything with that much fat/salt just punches all of your body's "eat it - all of it - now!!!" buttons. I've had weight issues in the past (currently have some now), & know perfectly well what I need to do to lose weight. I've done a serious weight reduction once before, & several minor ones; there's some stuff I just can't eat, preferably don't even have in the house, but just.cannot.eat. Or I'll eat all of it. It helps if I'm...
Family of 5 here; our house was almost 1300 sq ft, but we're in the process of upgrading it to a little over 1600 sq ft, which I think will be just right & make a huge difference! We have 3 bedrooms, & it will end up being FIL in his own bedroom, DH & I in ours, our 2 DDs in their own bedroom (currently, our kids are sharing ours, & the 3rd room is full of computers (FIL's & ours) & office stuff (& junk that is mostly FIL's). 2 bathrooms, no basement, no attic. There is a...
We don't have any Legos (yet), but I voted for horned animals - I recently stepped on a Schleich triceratops, ow! The wooden blocks we have are big enough that they don't seem to get stepped on really hard.
I would tell the truth, & explain that a lot of creatures don't live as long as humans, & that the quail was very old for her kind, had a happy life, & has now passed on to the next stage (whether as physical "cycle of life" stuff - her body returns to the soil, nourishing other organisms/providing building blocks for new creatures, or whatever spiritual beliefs you have). We live with my in-laws, & my oldest was not quite 3 when her grandma passed away last year; one...
I had no awareness of breastfeeding, I was formula fed myself, as was DH & all his sibs; but I had bred sheep for many years before having children, & if there's one thing was was a huge hassle (all that washing, mixing, heating), expense, & risk (bottle babies were more likely to die, as lamb milk replacer is inferior & doesn't confer immunities), it was a bottle fed lamb - I'd do anything to keep a lamb on its mother or graft it on another ewe to avoid bottlefeeding it!...
My two are 14 1/2 months apart. Shortly after DD#2 was born, DD#1 started walking. It was one long round of feeding, mopping up & diaper changing (& I am so not a baby person ), plus I ended up EPing for #2, but now that both are running around, talking, & 1 is using the potty, things are looking up, & all the "baby stuff" is being left behind. They do actually play pretty well together, are definitely close in interests & abilities, & it's nice that they will be at...
~*max*~ - glad your DH is recovering well! Marylizah - so scary about your DH - glad he's OK. My dad was mugged after leaving his office in Long Beach after work late a few years ago, the guy hit him on the head with a gun & he needed stitches. It really affects your perception of the world around you. Ecoteat - Annie will sometimes hit or bite DH - he has a tendency to talk things to death with her, I just scoop her up & put her in time out or something, & if she does...
First off, I want to say I'm very sorry to hear about your daughter's kitty With the poultry, if I'm planning to cull or eat a chicken, I use the cervical dislocation method - lay the bird on the ground, neck outstretched, while you hold it by the legs, lay a broom or shovel handle across the neck right where it joins the skull - hold the handle on each side with your toes & give a sudden sharp pull on the legs to snap the neck. Quick, humane, not messy. Bigger...
Where we were living, the commute was about 50-60 minutes to get to town (groceries, etc) & an hour to an hour & a half to work; I really loved it there, & hope to live in a place like that again! Lots of space, had fruit trees, big gardens, livestock, lots of trees, areas to hike, seasonal creek, etc. Right now we're living in town/suburbs (not an apt., but the most urban place I've ever been), & we spend most of our time in the backyard - we seldom go out front, on...