or Connect

Posts by Shahbazin

We don't drink. Alcoholism runs in both our families (DH had alcoholism problems before I met him, but has only had a couple of relapses in the 20 years we've been together). I've always been afraid of losing control, & besides, alcohol tastes icky. The drinks that people say, "well, it tastes just like juice," why not drink juice, then? I don't drink coffee either, since it smells nice, but tastes dreadful. That's funny about the beer smell, DH & I joke that it smells...
DH is the one that cares about having his own toothbrush.... most stuff we share (shampoo, toothpaste, lotion), the stuff I don't like sharing is when DH gets hairs on it - Ewww, I can't stand someone else's hair on stuff I use! So nix on sharing antiperspirant, bar soap, hairbrushes, & bath towels (DH sheds a lot, & those little head hairs on a bath towel stick to a wet body & tickle.) I have to hide my hairbrush, otherwise he just grabs & uses whatever brush is handy....
Everybody's different as a parent, & babies are generally different; not helpful, I know, but I guess I'm trying to say, if it feels like the right time for you, it probably is. And vice versa. We'd waited a long time before having children, & we were so thrilled with our first baby, I went ahead & started trying again when she was 6 months old - got pregnant right then, too! One advantage of a younger baby is, they generally still take naps! I sat on the floor &...
Quote: Originally Posted by LaughingHyena .... I tend to pack up stuff which is not being played with and store it for a while. If they ask for it we can get it out again, otherwise it goes. I currently follow the above method with toys. I have involved my DDs (ages 2 1/2 & 3 1/2) in sorting their outgrown clothing, & they already have the idea that some of their stuff goes to "other little kids who need it"; & they've seen me declutter...
I agree that the sudden making messes in the house sounds atypical; I also understand that you are legitimately concerned about your kids. How has the dog reacted with your older kids (ie your 7 yr old, for instance) in the past? I'd get him thoroughly checked out by a good vet, & take it from there. It does sound like a bladder infection is a real possibility. If he feels sick, it could be making him anxious, & if his bladder/kidneys hurt, it could explain the bite.
I must admit, I love forums that have people from all over participating - I find that glimpses of how people live outside the USA are fascinating! Even the variety in the US is interesting; until we moved where we are now, it was amazing how people just popped out to stores with their babies & toddlers, or went anywhere after getting home from work, really. We used to live a good 50 minutes from the nearest grocery, & 15-20 of that was just negotiating over 2 1/2 miles...
Can you take him to a veterinary acupuncturist? They can often work wonders with arthritic issues. Here's a good site for finding someone: http://www.altvetmed.org/
When DD #2 was born, DD#1 was 14 months old; she was woken up by the baby a couple of times in the 1st 3 days, but after that, it didn't bother her. I did take the baby out to be changed in a different room, where I could turn on a light. It's pretty rare for 1 of my kids to wake the other - 1 can have a full-out screaming fit, & the other remains oblivious. I do have kids that can generally be picked up & moved when they're asleep, though, so they're pretty sound...
Quote: Originally Posted by buttercup784ever .....I wouldn't experiment with the lives of the bitch or the puppies just to fulfill an idea you may have about "natural" birth. Like the others above me said, these dogs are not natural. They are engineered by humans. If they were all allowed to breed and birth naturally, they would probably die out as a breed. I'm all in favor of free whelping, but wouldn't try it with something like a bulldog...
What sort of chickens depends a lot on expectations; one of the better dual purpose breeds that lays quite well is the Australorp. Wyandottes come in lovely colors, & are good dual purpose; Easter Egger/Araucanas are usually attractive & lay eggs in green, blue, & pink shades. I actually have both an Easter Egger X Favorelle, & a Wyandotte X Favorelle, & both are good layers & nice birds. My kids' favorites are the Mille Fleur bantams (we have 1 pure & 1 Silkie X Mille...