or Connect

Posts by Shahbazin

Here's some of my fuzzy horde: I bred all 3 of the ASDs, & all 3 have CGC certificates; had as many as 10 at one pt, but have numbers way down - my breeding bitches are on co-ownerships w/a friend right now. Sim - 10 yr old Anatolian, retired Ch., only got 1 leg on his CD, but it got him HIT at a Nat'l Specialty , retired flock guardian - he's my good 'ol boy who I take for lesuirely walks w/DD. http://shahbazinanatolianshepherds.c...es/simlamb.jpg Disi - Another...
Large vs small is not necessarily a big deal (other than that big breeds eat more, have more $ medical costs, etc.) Typically, smaller dogs do live longer, which is something to consider - although my breed is typically 100-150 lbs, & averages 13 yrs (my oldest was 15). The major thing is really, what is the breed bred for? How does this impact energy levels, protectiveness, trainabilty (gundogs & herders typically are the most trainable, but also come w/high exercise...
Well, DH & I were married 14 yrs before DC, & I can count on 1 hand the number of times we've gone out to dinner or something! So, in some ways, it hasn't been a change; I will say we live way out in the country, so 2 hours of driving round trip in order to eat out or go somewhere was never real appealing, plus we've always been tied down by critters - the dogs & sheep are fed/watered 2x/day, plus there is always someone needing special care, meds, lambing time, litter...
I agree w/you all, this mobility thing is certainly ...interesting.... as DD has all the self-preservation of a little lemming as she determinedly tries to crawl off the edge of the bed for the umpteenth time : waving her lttle arms & reaching boldly out into space. My puppies didn't do this! Do babies just lack depth perception, or what? She's also pulling up to stand, but not w/great balance yet. Parenting is certainly more consuming than I'd initially realized, &...
I used to watch it, but since we don't get the cable/satellite channels now, have just been getting 2nd hand info from friends who watch; may have to camp out at someone's house to see it next year, though, as an Anatolian bitch that I'm a co-breeder on will hopefully be showing there next year! She's owned by a friend who lives nearby, & was BOS at the Nat'l Specialty this year, plus Award of Excellence at Eukanuba a month later. Her pic:...
You might want to do Marek's vax, just because if they aren't bred for resistance (& hatchery flocks aren't), some strains of chickens can have really high mortality (as in, most of them become paralyzed at 3 months old). But it's really easy to get resistance/immunity w/in 3 gen., so w/home bred birds I never vax, just feed them right, keep them clean, & cull anything that looks sickly.
Oooh, Buttercups are pretty! What kind of bantams? I've done shipped birds all the time - ditto on letting your PO know you want to be notified ASAP to pick them up; make sure you have the heat source going (I often use a 60 watt bulb in one of those metal shaded clamp on lamps, in a box), food & water ready to go (you can use uncooked oatmeal & mashed boiled egg - shells & all - as feed if you don't have chick mash on hand.) I usually float some finely chopped greens or...
I'm just turning 18 weeks, but had a drop in supply about a month ago - DD (9 months) is still nursing 8x/day (about every 3 hrs), but as of a month ago went from sampling food & spitting it out to having sparse diapers for about a week, then jumping to 2 then 3 solids meals a day. She'll now eat 4-5 oz of banana or avocado, or whatever (she's had turkey, beans, melon, grapes, kiwi, sweet potato, broccoli, carrots, squash, O's, some organic jarred foods, etc.) plus 3-4 oz...
Well, I'm not where I can speak about "after" yet; am currently nursing 9 mo. old, & 18 weeks preg., so will be lactating for quite a while yet.... however, I went up 4 cup sizes (was a 34B to begin with), so even by the end of preg. #1, I had massive stretch marks on the sides of my breasts (which are finally fading). Nipples darkened a bit, & now they stick way out - they were sort of flat & unobtrusive before. I still can't wear any of my pre-preg. blouses, since...