or Connect

Posts by MrsMike

I really want to attend, but I have not had the time, ability or resources to get down there. I live just outside of Philadelphia. Occupy Philly is pretty big and has enjoyed a mostly peaceful movement. There have been bumps here and there, but the Mayor originally encouraged the occupiers and welcomed them. Philadelphia is largely union so there has been a lot of support in that regard.    I would definitely take my children (5 years and 11 weeks) with me. Occupy...
The c-section rate listed confuses me. I asked my relative who works in maternity there to look at this and that person is not in agreement with the percentage. They can be very cut happy. Even so, just a percentage is not something to go by. Even if their c-section rate is low, will you still be able to have the birth experience you want? While their rate may be low, their overall attitude regarding natural and normal births is piss poor. I hate to harp on Hahnemann...
 Hahnemann is a Level III. Coming in a 36 weeks, you would have a very big fight to get a vaginal birth, let alone a natural birth. They are used to dealing with micro-preemies, drug babies and very critically ill babies. Many of their births are emergencies. The staff is used to seeing childbirth in an emergency setting with some need for intervention. A normal, natural birth is not common to them. As I mentioned before, several of the L&D staff members find natural...
I'm all for thumb sucking. We don't use pacifiers and I wouldn't mind if she sucked her thumb or hand in the car to stop.the.screaming. It's very normal at this stage of development. They tend to really discover  their hands around 2 months and then they realize they can suck on them...all part of being a baby. Morgann started waking up and rooting around last night and I was about to whip my boob out when she found her hand, gave it a few sucks and passed back out. w00t!...
Stay out of Hahnemann and Einstein. I don't have much experience with Einstein, just what I've heard from others. I know a few people who work at Hahnemann, directly with maternity, and it's not the place you want to be for a peaceful and intervention-free birth. There are L&D nurses there who are very critical of the whole natural birth movement and they WILL fight you. Plus, the quality of care isn't the best, depending on what night you are there.  
Oh my! That is one heck of a trip. Here's to hoping he learns to love the car in this next week!  
 I'm glad I'm not the only one going through this. Well, not glad, but you know what I mean. Hopefully, our babies outgrow this soon. This wouldn't display everything I chose for multi-quotes. Is there is a limit on how many posts you can quote? Anyway:   Quote: He can't fit back there. We have a small car - a Nissan Versa - and there isn't room with the two seat. DS is back there, too, most of the time and he tries to sing to her or rattle something to get her...
You are not a failure. My son was 14lbs at 1 year of age. Ped accused me of awful things and got CPS on me. He was FINE, he just grew slow at that point. Now, at 5 years of age, he is tall, very muscular and is in the "proper" weight range.   Rude. Incredibly rude.   I haven't let anyone visit me because my house is a disaster and I'd be embarassed to have anyone come by. Not that anyone has really been asking to visit....which is another rant in and off itself.    
 Morgann HATES her car seat with a purple passion. She screams and screams and screams. When she's done screaming, she cries and then screams again. I hate it. I know this is so common for newborns. My Ds screamed in his seat non-stop for his first few months of life. I've tried everything; white noise, windows down, windows up, singing, music (religious chants, classical, jazz, Bowie, showtunes, rock, Eminem - you name it), talk radio, toys dangling from the garment...
  You are NOT a horrible mother. No. I'm doing the same thing. I had awful SPD in pregnancy and Ds watched a lot of TV. I want him to watch less now, but he still watches a bit as I navigate newborn life.   And this morning, I ate 3 arctic bars (vanilla with the chocolate coating) for breakfast. With coffee.   I was changing my signature, finally, and saw this smilie - - and I thought it was for someone who likes to garden. I thought she was holding a basket of produce...