or Connect

Posts by malzimus

You're very welcome!  I hope it works very well for you if/when needed again (hopefully not for a long time :)! 
I know what you mean, jodieanneanton, I don't like to use Tylenol and other things much and prior to knowing that "trick" I did use it more.  It's so hard to see them suffering. :(   It really was amazing how fast her temp. came down and like the lady said, the paper towels got very hot when on my daughter's feet.  She went from being sweaty, hot and flushed (my kids tend to get red, hot ears and hands and even feet with fevers) to being less flushed and clammy from...
Also, I KNOW this might sound weird and even gross but to get his fever down ASAP, you can use egg whites on his feet!   My MIL told me about it and the last time my daughter had a fever I did it and in less then an hour it was down!   I'll edit this in a minute and add the link to the site with the info. on it.  It's on www.earthclinic.com which is my go-to site for natural remedies!   Edit: Here's one testimonial from using them and it's what I ended up...
  babytoes, you can find some in health food stores but you can also buy it in "loose leaf" bulk from Mountain Rose Herbs and Frontier as PP's mentioned and other sources too I'm sure.   I just started taking some last week.  There were a couple of different brands at the health food store I bought it at but I decided on one by Traditional Medicinals.  It was about $5 for a box of 16 tea bags but they are made with pharmacopaoeial grade herbs and it says "Organic...
Simply put:                               **  NO  **  
  I am so so very sorry, thentherewere4.  I am experiencing a miscarriage right now at 12 weeks so I know a bit of what you're going through.   Another Mama here, withlittlelungs, sent me this link in case I wanted to find loss support on this site: http://www.mothering.com/community/f/22/pregnancy-and-birth-loss I started reading and posting there the other day and hope it will continue to be helpful.  I hope it will be helpful to you if you should choose to look there...
Ok, we're finally home after the ultrasound and a dinner stop.   I guess my Mummy intuition was right...the ultrasound showed an empty sac.  The lady was very nice, just as she was on the phone. She said it *could* be that baby passed in the clots/bleeding but that based on what she was seeing she thought it looked like a blighted ovum where the egg likely implanted but baby just didn't grow at all.  I guess? I did "lose a baby" and will subsequently miscarry but...
Thank you all!  I don't have a lot of time right now but just thought I'd do a quick update.    I have an appointment for an ultrasound in one hour!  I have to go and hop in the shower, drink 32oz of water (and keep it there, lol!), get the children ready, wake the DH up and we'll drive about 20-30 mins to get there!  I'll try and post later once I know more.   P.S. GranolaMama09, THANK YOU for the u/s feedback about how you felt seeing your sweet babies.
  Thank you for your support, buko.  My midwife didn't tell me percentages but I know and we discussed that baby could just be too small or low or hiding.  She said that with some women who are on the smaller/skinny side she can often find a heartbeat right away because there's more direct contact vs like in my situation where I am def. not slim, ha.   I woke up at 5am this morning after just a few hours of sleep when my DD came and joined me in bed. :)   A few minutes...
Thank you jodieanneanton and buko!   Well, I saw the midwife today.  She was not able to find the baby's heartbeat with the handheld doppler. :(   She said it could be because of baby's size as I'm just now 12 weeks, could be my tummy padding/size esp. from first two babies, could be if my pregnancy has ended, could be if the placenta is blocking things - there are any number of reasons.   My choices are: 1. just wait it out more 2. have HcG Quant. blood...