or Connect

Posts by Fiestabeth

I skimmed really quickly so sorry for everything I missed, but I did get that kosheng is back, and KNOCKED UP!!!! WOOT!!! So many congratulations to you, my dear. I am PMSing and just watched a cheesy romantic comedy to try and improve my mood. Worked a little bit. I have an appointment with an adoption agency tomorrow. Went a couple weeks ago with the birthmom to a local midwifery center. She's planning a water birth, which is going to be absolutely amazing....
Hiya, friends! Doth mine eyes deceive me? Has Jessica come back???? Dh and I had a fun time in LA, but I didn't kick my cold and ended up with a massive sinus infection. But we still managed to have fun once I got some abx. Right now I'm totally overwhelmed with researching adoption info, relactation info, trying to keep on top of the housework, and freaking out about money (or the lack thereof). I'm frazzled! I'll try to do a quick ketchup just to see...
Hi. Sorry I haven't been around, and I am going to further the lameness by not even attempting to ketchup. Life has been crazy, per usual. Dh and I are leaving for a 5 night vacay tomorrow and I've come down with a cold. It's not horrible, and I just made some elderberry/echinacea syrup and am taking that in addition to several other things. Hopefully I can kick it! Hope all my friends are well. I'll check in again when I get back.
Quote: Originally Posted by majikfaerie beth!!!!! i'd love to come and help do your laundry. I'm child-free, I just put my kid on a plane to a whole nother country for 4 weeks and she wasn't even sad to say goodbye Oh my goodness!!!! That is hard. Are you all alone? :nana I miss you!!!!!!
Good morning! I've got mountains of laundry to attack today, and I need to pack for dd1. She's off to camp tomorrow morning. She's sooooooo excited. I'm bittersweet about it. I can't believe she's getting so big.
You all are funny. And yes, mf, we are going to need a midwife. But with how much the financial aspect of this is freaking us out, I don't think we could afford to bring you out here. But the birth mama's older sister worked with a midwife who works with patients on Medicaid, so she is thinking of going that same route. What pregnancy supplements do all you smart mamas recommend? She's on a prenatal and fish oil, and I just ordered some red raspberry leaf for her....
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruthla Oh, wow, congrats FB!!! So were you "looking to adopt" or did this kind of "fall into your lap" when you weren't expecting it? I could give you random adoptive nursing advice, gleamed from reading books about breastfeeding and message boards over the years, but you're probably better off asking on the Adoption and/or Breastfeeding Challenges forums. Totally fell into our lap! And she seems very, very certain...
Quote: Originally Posted by MusicianDad If you will examine the thread you will see that my last post before bringing it back from page 5 was the last post made before it ended up on page 5. I did my share of the work. So you killed it. My name is Fiestabeth. You keeled my thread; prepare to die.
I'm headed out of town for a girls' weekend! Woohoo! It's going to be so much fun. And, in other exciting news, it looks like we are going to be adopting a baby! I'm excited, shocked, overwhelmed...it's so crazy. A young woman that we know through dh's cousin is pg and wants us to adopt. I had decided a little over a month ago that yesterday would be dd2's last day of nursing, but now I am really torn. I'm thinking that maybe I should continue so that it will be...
Quote: Originally Posted by majikfaerie beth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mama, i've been missing you like crazy! yay for losing 35lbs, though I must say, I like you cuddly :nana: and yeah, you can hardly talk at this point. funny, when DW called, and we made some plans, my first thought was 'oh beth isn't gonna like this at all. I wish she was here' Don't worry, I'm still cuddly. :nana I wish I was there too. I'm going to LA at the end of next month -...