or Connect

Posts by kehliouise

sorry it took me so long to come back to this.    i'm looking for something that is accreditted, but i guess what i should have said was that i'm looking for something that counts as private school.  i'm trying to keep my son in speech therapy through the public school system but he will not be eligible as a "homeschooled student" but he will be if he is considered a "private school student." isn't that rediculous.  cost is an issue i guess for a lot of those private...
this year was our first year homeschooling. eveything went pretty well with me creating our own curiculum at home, but for first grade i need to find a program that is accredited and counts as my child being in private school.  i'm sort of overwhelmed looking at options on the internet, so i was hoping that some of you knowledgeble persons on here would give me some ideas of programs to look at.  i would really enjoy a progam that offered placement testing as well.  i...
With my past two births my midwife gave me a prepackaged sitz bath tea mixture. i would boil it and then dip pads in it and freeze them to use after the birth and then use the rest of the tea in a little squeeze bottle to rinse the perinium and stuff after birth. this time i'm using a different midwife and she didnt give me anything similar. she suggested just using witch hazel and water on the pads. i really want the tea stuff though. so does anyone have suggestions on...
my second son was born on his due date. but my first was 11 days late. neither was induced. we joke that it has to do with their personalities. the second is very organized and responsible. i think he just wanted to be on time. ha.
depending on the weather this year there is likely still a lot of time to go to the beach. especially if you don't mind going in clothes and just playing in the sand, which we do a lot. we don't live in pensacola but we live in destin and there is a lot of stuff in the area if you want to do things. i hadn't heard that the zoo in gulf breeze had closed and I'm sad to hear that, but there is also the Gulfarium in Fort Walton, or the children's science center or whatever...
thanks guys. i just went and threw up everything that i've eaten today. yeah i'm pretty sure it was everything. it took a while. man. after getting over the stomach virus, i thought i felt much better, but really no. i just feel like throwing up all day and then around 8 or 9 i actually start throwing up, from the looks of it i at least throw up everything back to lunch. which is wild cause i guess i didn't think it stayed in your stomach that long. but that also...
i'm so tired of being sick. so i've posted once or twice on this ddc. i've been checking in from time to time and reading but just haven't felt up to posting. but right now i just really need to vent. i realize that i could be much sicker. like way sicker. but i'm just so stinking tired of constantly feeling like vomiting. this week on top of everything else, i got a stomach bug and had diahrea for two days on top of throwing up. i'm just sick of it. i want...
well i'm in the exact same boat. i was with my last pregnancy too. the thing that got me through it was raw peanuts. if i just snack on them all day i seem to do fine. hoping that none of my children develop peanut allergies. ha. my midwife had suggested having something like gatoraide or refresh or some type of drink like that to keep my sugar levels up. she said sometimes when your sugar levels start lowering after eating a meal you will get nauseous. she suggested...
well we have had two out of hospital birth center births but never a home birth. our birth center is now closed. i have always wanted a home birth but there are no midwives who will come to our home. there is another birth center about 2 hours away. i really want a home birth, so maybe we will just have to UC this time.
this is the forth time that i have been pregnant and i am always a late teller because i have a lot of anxiety about telling people in my life. i just don't feel like they are supportive of pregnancy. i have some friends who are and i tell them, but most of my family is weird, and although they love my children and super great family to them now they are always weird about pregnancy. for some reason i have always gotten the feeling they thought it was dirty or something...