or Connect

Posts by MommyHawk

yikes   I felt it this morning. It's softening up and getting smaller. I deal with Lyme disease and so I go to extremes thinking it's the worst.. DH says to give it a few more days until I freak out.. this is hard, but it is going away. Thanks for the response!  
Although I've been ill since 2007, I just found out this past January '13 that it's been Lyme disease this whole time. So now I start my journey to wellness. Very thankful I finally know what's wrong and can fix it/cure it. I'm very new to this and although this month has been herx free, I spent all of April on the couch. Not a couch person at all, so that was hard. Feel like I need other Lyme'ies to talk to so I don't kill the friendships I have with my broken record...
My DD just started complaining of her neck hurting when she lifted her head up and I felt a pea sized lump under her chin, hard to the touch and it hurt.   What could it be?   So far I've given her everything in my arsenal and it's still there. She has no sore throat, just hurts to touch and lift her chin...allergies? Swollen gland?   What can I do for her?   Or is this a ped question?   Thanks!!
I'm looking to find any others out there that have POTS so we can swap notes. I was diagnosed with POTS about a year and a half ago and have tried tons of meds with no help. Now doing acupuncture to help 'massage' some of the worse symptoms to help me live with/deal with it more.   I know it took me years to be properly diagnosed, so there are probably many of you out there suffering and have no idea what you have or what to do. Just feel kind of alone in all this...
Wanted to give a heads up to all my local Mothering Mamas :)   There is a free FUN class tonight in Millersville, MD. Here are the details:     WHERE: Kelly's Herb House (410-729-4321) on Veteran's HWY in Millersville WHEN: Friday, December 9th at 6pm WHAT: Zumba Fitness!   NO experience needed. Just the desire to get up, get moving and HAVE FUN!! :)
DH's finding that he can't eat anything 'gluten free' that comes prepackaged...so for now we're going to just do rice and potatoes (no GF pastas or breads) for now to see if it helps. Anyone have Celiac this bad? What are other things I can try? He seems to have problems with soy too. poor guy
My family will be moving out to the North San Diego area in the summer of 2013 and I'd like to get a jump start on finding the best place for us to live. We currently live near Baltimore in Maryland, so this will be a huge move for us, but a good one   So far, we've found some great homes in the Escondido area, however I've heard that this is not a 'good' place to live. True or not? I don't know. Are there any good schools in the Escondido area? Parts that are...
My family is moving to the San Diego area soon. Right now we live in Maryland and I love my job watching infants and toddlers. So when we move, I'd like to continue my business out there.   I'd like to find out some information on how to run a family childcare home as a business.   Also, about how much do family childcare providers charge? Here it's about $225-250/week for an infant and around $200/week for toddlers (up to 3yo).   Wondering how many infants...
DH was just diagnosed with 'early signs of Celiac's Disease' - he had a biopsy of his small intestine done. So, we went cold turkey and cut out all wheat/gluten and he's been feeling a lot better: he can eat again and feels hungry again, yeah :)   However, since starting this GF thing, he's been having more IBS issues. He thinks it's due to cutting out wheat gluten and his body healing. That this is just part of it and will go away when the inflammation goes away. As...
anyone use "Little Acorn" preschool curriculum? If so, where do you go to get all the supplies for the crafts? Do you follow the 3 or 5 day lesson plan?   Thanks! :)