or Connect

Posts by MommyHawk

more info: I 'wash' my hair with conditioner and then rinse with water. That's it. I got the idea from this post here on MDC. So far, so good. Has tons of shine, my hair STOPPED falling out! Which is why I want to know more about this no-pooing thing. thanks!
I started co-washing/co-pooing (not sure which is the technical term) 2 weeks ago and I can't believe it's actually working! But I don't know how to do the vinegar rinse, when to do it, how to do it, how often. And do I NEVER shampoo again?
Quote: Originally Posted by mrsdocmartin Thanks for posting this. In fact, I just came here to vent about my nursing aversion. DS is 2 1/2 and I am 16 weeks pregnant. The milk is pretty much gone and I am not happy while nursing anymore. DS mostly nurses down for nap, before bed and in the early morning hours now. He still asks several times a day though, and for the most part, distraction has been working. I think the idea of having daddy put him...
I'm very in to using food as medicine, so I'm hoping I can find some holistic approaches to ADD...mine and my DS's. I've learned to live with it and can function quite well, IMO...DH's opinion? well, that's another story. But the kids get fed, the house is neat, you get the picture. My DS is 6 and soooo not able to focus, keep focus, stay on task, gets distracted horribly. I know he does awesome in school, and I think it's the structure, so that's good for him. At home?...
that's awesome jenfl! I wish all babies were given a choice and such a gentle ending to a beautiful adventure
Quote: Originally Posted by KristaDJ I don't shave either, I just scrub a bit with water and rinse well. I find if I go over board with scrubbing I will smell. I figure soap is like using an anti biotic on your skin, it gets rid if the good bacteria along with the bad and leaves your body defenseless against the bad ones. I'm not saying that I never have a smell, but when I "stink" now it doesn't stink nearly as bad as when I used soap, it just smells...
this is the only place I'm saying this...I'm afraid to edit past chapter three... Ok, I said it. Maybe that'll help me actually do it, admitting I'm afraid... phew! I hate admitting fear, but it is what it is...next book? totally fiction! But this was THE BOOK that I had to write. I've heard other authors who have that one book that calls to them, and this was mine. And it's this stupid fear that had killed my new years resolution to be done editing by my birthday....
The nursing relationship is just that - an intimate interaction, connection, between a mother and her child. It helps us bond, communicate needs, and transforms us into one beautiful little unit. From the beginning, though, many people - friends, doctors, family - all like to interject their opinions on what you are doing. How many times have we heard, "you feed him too much" or "I don't think he's getting enough". What about, "don't you think it's about time to stop...
I'm so sick of my book! I started this book - the story - at a time when I was still dealing with some things of my past...and they are in the story, intertwined with the fiction - and it's been a real healing cathartic journey...but I'm so done with it now. I am feeling like my past is sneaking into my present now, I feel stuck in the past, and I know it's this book. I have polished and shined the first few chapters that really deals with it, and then my character...
Quote: Originally Posted by allgirls I love editing I am also enjoying the class considerably! I just finished and posted my third lesson I think you'll really find it helpful! I love learning did you pay the $75 membership to take the classes?