or Connect

Posts by MommyHawk

I feel like a prisoner in my home with all the mosquitoes! I've got tee kee torches, citronella candles, bug spray. Nothing seems to be working! I do have a bug spray that has DEET (or something just as toxic) in it, but I'm afraid to use it after I read the back label (there's a warning note for doctors on it!) so what do you do? just stay indoors? Is it time to move? Or is there something more I can do. I went running this morning and got tagged about 5 times. When we...
Quote: Originally Posted by enfpintj I called it quits on the rough draft on Friday of my fiction work. I was sick and sick and tired. I knew any other changes could come in the edits, but now I'm afraid of the editing. How did you guys get through editing if you have already done so? How long did it take? Any recommendation on what to do , not to do? I want to be done in a month or so. I hope. edit an entire novel in a month? in all...
my aunt just did one of these and I thought it was a great book...I might just have to look into actually doing one myself! thanks!
Quote: Originally Posted by Otto And, often, socially sound. I don't buy organic bananas for my health, I buy them because it's one less insult to those who harvest them. this is how I feel too! I totally thought they'd do a bang up job FOR the side I stand on - pro organics - since they like to go against the tide in their own unique way. So much for hoping. If they had, it would have still been hilarious and helped raise awareness.
I felt like they were comedians for the smoking industry telling us that smoking is good for you. Now I find I watch their show with less enthusiasm since I see they don;t really research it, only make something stick out and funny for an hour. Of course, every little thing I see makes me wonder if I made the right decision to not vax, so I feel I have to go back and do the research for myself again.
hmmm... I see everyone else has the same problem I do, otherwise there'd be some helpful tips here by now! Anyone? Really, I'm drowning in pics...
Anyone watch this show on Showtime? They did a show on organic foods, saying organic farmers spray old, more harmful chemicals on the foods and that organic food doesn't have any additional nutritional value. And there's no taste difference Of course, they had scientists and authors for the side that they wanted to prove and crazy quacks for the organic foods side, and of course, they Pen & Teller are just comedians entertaining. I know not to believe anything...
Anyone see this on Showtime? They did a show on vaccinations, saying they save lives and don't cause autism. Of course, they had scientists and authors for the side that they wanted to prove and no scientists for the vaccination side, and of course, they Pen & Teller are just comedians entertaining. BUT... they basically said that although the rate of autism is rising, it's only because we've widened the spectrum of symptoms, thus widening the number of kids diagnosed....