or Connect

Posts by MommyHawk

what genres are we all writing? anyone else writing women's fiction? (at least that's what I think I'm writing )
boxes of pictures, files of pictures, cameras full of pictures, pictures online, on the phone, everywhere!!!! what to do with them all!??!?!? I have pics still waiting for me to do something with from when DH and I were dating! And baby#2...I haven't even started her baby book yet. baby #1 is 6yo...not a baby anymore...when do I find time to do anything, and, bigger question, what? My mom has tons of pictures in picture books, but no one looks at them. They're...
what was your script for? I took Zoloft after baby #1 and that worked wonders. After baby #2 I got the estrogen patch right after her birth to help with the hormonal fluctuations. And that worked too. It's normal. PPD is normal. People just don't talk about it or admit to having it, but it's more prevalent than we think. So don't stress about having it, just get some help and you'll be fine.
spaghetti with meat sauce or meatballs tacos chilli rice and ground meat with eggplant (from Real Cajun cookbook) I found that once I started using Bison in lieu of Beef, I couldn't go back. Beef leaves such a fatty taste/feel in my mouth while Bison, like PP said, tastes more grass-fed, cleaner. Enjoy! you'll love it
I am a licensed childcare provider in Northern Anne Arundel County, right next to BWI (off of 97/100 intersection). Naturally Good Childcare PM me if interested. Good luck in your search!
I'm free!!! I just quit my critique group and I feel so free and alive and able to write and think and be creative again!!! I started feeling smothered about 6 months ago, but I trekked on, thinking I'd be a quitter if I left. Other people love critique groups, so I should stay, right?... But after the last round of critiques, I knew I had to cut the rope. I usually walk around during the day with one or two new novel ideas rolling around in my head. But for the past...
Quote: Originally Posted by rachel_eva have you contacted the schoolboard about this behavior? this is serious stuff. I am in the middle of writing them as we speak! My letter is very long and detailed, and I'm sending it to the schoolboard, the actual school, and my state delegate. I don't know what will happen, but I can't be quite about this anymore. And I want to know what they think I can do about it.
anyone interested in forming a writing critique group? we can submit works to each other on a biweekly basis and give either general feedback, line edits, both, whatever? We can have genre specific groups, only need two in each group to make it a go. Or the groups can be specific to what we're working on - novel, query letters, synopsis, so on...
I will be making money soon - in home childcare - so the $ issue will go away, just it hasn't happened yet. I just opened for business and things in this area are really slow right now. This way I can be home with the kids, homeschool and make an income. So really, as soon as that actually gets going, I think DH 'could' be more on board, but he just is concerned that DS will be weird, I won't keep up with it - I have ADD - and thus he'll fall behind. To me, it's HS'ing. If...