or Connect

Posts by MommyHawk

has anyone here had a horrible time trying to talk to their DH about HS'ing? My DH, as D as he is, WILL NOT talk about HSing. We did public school last year because of the fights HSing evokes, totally against my will. This year, I want to try HSing. I'm still home with baby #2, so I'm home. What's the big deal? Public schooling was ok, but I feel DS fell behind academically AND we had major socialization issues that leave me wondering if I can ever send him back there....
Quote: Originally Posted by fullofgrace For those who did the F2K spring workshop, how did that go?? I found it challenging and rewarding. If you are looking for words of encouragement about your writing, you'll get it. People only give positive feedback unless you ask for otherwise. I asked for real critiques and got some, but not many. I think it was a wonderful exercise in learning the basics of novel writing. And, as always, it was great to...
anyone interested in forming a women's fiction only writing critique group in the Baltimore/Annapolis area? I belong to a critique group now that's of all other genres and I don't feel they 'get' women's fiction purpose, flow, style. All levels welcome, just need to want and are writing women's fiction
check this out!!! One of our very own MDC writer mama's new book cover. If you're not a fan already on the book's fan page, become a fan
Quote: Originally Posted by fullofgrace For a bit there, all of my writing time went into composing IEP arguments and proposals since we were having a big issue with the Middle School and getting appropriate services, etc. My creativity was zapped. BUT! All is resolved so I am back to work on my novel. congrats! getting back to the good stuff is always good I'm getting back to it myself. Took a week off, felt like a year! I'm giving up TV...
Quote: Originally Posted by JennyClaire Hi all. Haven't been here in a while - still revising - and need some community - and possibly readers. I'll read!
Quote: Originally Posted by allgirls I like the way things are going and the things I get to do and I just got out there and started to do them. People are very receptive. I know what you mean! I've talked to a few people about my book in the survivor world and now I'm going to a conference in October to talk about it and be a vendor to sell it. Also, I started guest blogging with them and I've got fans already how nuts! this is so exciting,...
Quote: Originally Posted by mamadaan Hi, I hope that you don't mind me butting in with my question. My writing is a lot less literary than most of your work seems to be. I am writing some texts for an informational website and I cannot decide whether to use the second or third person. They are on a parenting topic that gives a lot of people a lot of frustration. A lot of information in this area is controversial. I feel that the third person makes...
ok, I'm back! How's everyone's writing going? What's the news around here? I've had my nose in Strunk & White trying to figure out my problems, and I think I might have it figured out...we shall see... oh, and again, rewriting chapter one. Pretty soon, it'll be so rock solid you can build a house on it! Or at least a novel
I know someone who's son has chicken pox right now. PM me/email me if you'd like her contact info!