or Connect

Posts by MommyHawk

Quote: Originally Posted by fullofgrace Twitter is such an awesome resource. Really?...how so? I don't get it. I'm on there, I tweet occasionally, tons of people follow me, but I feel they just 'follow' me to increase the number of people who will, in turn, follow them...
WAHM... where the W doesn't = work... W = WRITE... Write at home moms hello all! I've been AWOL due to the Olympics, being sick, paper work, taxes...the Olympics was a blast, though I've always wanted to live in Canada...now more so than ever...where do I sign up?! my novel: I've neglected my WIP, but after a dream with my MC in it last night, I will be jumping in with both feet today! I've missed editing - shocker - and can't wait to get back into it. I...
Quote: Originally Posted by fullofgrace March Secret Agent Contest at Miss Snark's First Victim! Full Guidelines are here -- http://misssnarksfirstvictim.blogspo...t-contest.html A snippet - If you enter, tell us!!! wow! how often does she have these contests? THANKS for posting this info here on MDC. So many contests out there, how do we find them all, eh? I was going to enter, but I think I"ll wait until the next contest. Plus...
Quote: Originally Posted by fullofgrace Ok - I have a question. I know who my main character is, what she is (urban fantasy), what she does, where she works, who her friends are, etc. But I can't quite get a grab on what happens to her to set the action of the novel off. How did that come to you? Did you meditate? Have a dream about it? How did you decide at what point in your character's life to start your novel? I just wrote and wrote and...
Quote: Originally Posted by shanna-cat anyone wanna give me feedback on a small piece of my book? it's a story/legend being told within the book but sometimes i'm not very good at short stories and would like some additional oppinions.i just wrote it this afternoon so haven't even had time to think on it yet... i can pm it using google docs to anyone who would like a go! it's not very long, 9 pages double spaced. on another note finally getting back...
Quote: Originally Posted by georgiapa Hello! I'm just sort of jumping in here. Congrats to everyone working towards their goals and reaching goals! I'm getting back to writing. When I realized I needed to talk to other writers, I went looking for the Writing forum, sorry to see it go. What are social clubs? Ah well, I'm along for the ride. I signed up for the free Writer's Village Course, very excited about that. A question... one of my main...
Quote: Originally Posted by Cybercere I have practiced yoga for a long time and love love love it and wish i could only do yoga and stay in shape. Anyway, I highly recommend Beth Cory who teaches at prana studio in annapolis and Tina Lanzoni and Evolutions also in Annapolis - Beth has a 4:30 pm Monday afternoon class that I love as it's an hour instead of 90 minutes - easier to squeeze in. Back channel me if you'd ever like to go - I'd love to meet some...
where would one find wool blankets? I know wool is perfect for kids - absorbs wetness - but what about washing it weekly? I just shrunk 2 of my favorite sweaters...it's a talent I wish I didn't possess...I can shrink anything! ...
link please thank you!
I'm in need of 4 nap mats for my home childcare and after searching stores and online I'm flabbergasted - as usual - that people think it's 'safe' to have children sleep on plastic! or worse, if there is a such thing... so I'm thinking I'll just make my own. Although I can sew a straight'ish line, I'm not too crafty with a deadline...any ideas on how to do a really easy nap mat? And what kinds of materials to use as the filler so it'll be comfortable but not toxic?! ...