or Connect

Posts by Angelorum

My milk dried up sometime before ds1 weaned.  He was a few months shy of turning 3 when he weaned.  I'm not entirely sure when I stopped making milk, it happened so gradually.  I just remember realizing one day that it had been a long time since I had heard him swallow while he was nursing.  I could still squeeze a drop or two out if I tried, but there didn't seem to be any more let-down during nursing.  It certainly didn't feel any different nursing without milk (it's not...
Dh doesn't feel safe mowing with our 18mo playing in the yard.  He was relunctant to do it with our 3 yo playing in the yard a couple summers ago, but he relaxed about that.  I don't really see the problem with it as long as he's not running up to the mower, but I wondered how others felt about it.  The little one is throwing fits wanting to go outside with his dad and brother, it'll be a real drag if this happens every time he mows this summer... We have a corded...
I like the sound of it, but it invariably reminds me of the character from Pride and Prejudice.  She was shallow, and kind of a dolt...   I have a niece named Lydia, her nickname was itty bitty Liddy, which I thought was cute. 
Awwww... He's looking older than the last photo I remember of him.  I love the print on the waistcoat. 
Pattern is downloadable for $ here: http://www.interweavestore.com/spiral-boot-socks?utm_source=ls&utm_medium=aff&cid=05t1rdpCdm4&siteID=05t1rdpCdm4-6oyoew1YnvYU_FSfNPbATg or  you can see if you can find the Summer 2007 Intwerweave knits magazine at the library or something.    I actually made the socks out of fingering weight, but the pattern calls for something in the sport weight range.  I like fingering weight so the socks aren't too bulky in my shoes, but if I were...
  Yes, me too!  With ds1, he was so used to me nursing from over the top, all I had to do to encourage night weaning was to wear a regular t-shirt to bed.  He would crawl right over and yank my breastfeeding accessible jammies down to nurse at night, and I was usually too asleep to protest much.  He couldn't yank a crew neck t-shirt down far enough, and it just didn't even occur to him to go in from the bottom, lol.  I did once put invisible zips in princess seams.  They...
Finished up a pair of knee socks.  These things seriously flew off my needles.  Love everything about them.      14/52
Iowa, yep!  Central Park Hoodie.  I posted in a sewing group on Ravelry looking for tips or ideas on methods of making machine buttonholes on handknits and mostly got a lot of shock and dismay at the very idea, lol.  But yeah, I have been disappointed with my knitted buttonholes in the past, they aren't very precisely sized, the yarn over method is pretty small, until the surrounding stitches get stretched all to heck and then they are too big, the two row method is more...
Smokering!  I was hoping you'd come back this year :)  Love your dresses!  I remember seeing the grey one at the very end of last year's thread, but not the plaid one.   I've been wanting to try the same kind of underbust zip thing with this pattern:     I have a lovely black cotton velvet dress from the full skirted version of this pattern, but it's sitting in a box in our storage shed with the rest of the clothes I can't breastfeed in.  I miss it...   I'll have to...
I made buttonholes in my first successful adult sweater!        I left the button holes out when I knit it 6 years ago, but I've been regretting it ever since.  I made a loop at the top with one giant button originally, but it still let an awful lot of wind in, and it's such a nice warm wool sweater otherwise.  I thought about sewing in a zipper, but I liked the fit better with the button bands overlapping.  So I hand stitched some grosgrain ribbon onto the backs of...