or Connect

Posts by Angelorum

Your ds looks adorable in his overalls, smokering!  And looks like his curls are growing back?   I finished a couple things recently.  This one was quick, an idea off pinterest.  It's a weaving/lacing board.  I just measured the ribbons, melted the edges, and then sewed them on.  Ds1 likes it okay, but it's a little bit frustrating for him, because he wants to be able to do it perfectly, and getting the ribbons to cross each other is a little tricky.      And a new...
If your dd is amenable (and not at the power struggle phase like the pp)  I would pick a weekend, put her in undies, and brightly announce that it is potty time every 1.5-2 hours (or however often you think she needs).  My ds was using the potty a couple times a day while still in diapers full time, when we basically did that.  He was 22 months.  I knew he wasn't really ready to take on 100% of the responsibility of getting himself to his potty every single time, but I...
That second link isn't working for me, Iowa.  I found the right post through her archive though.  Her drawing does look weird, and I think your instincts are right, just make each side really long to wrap around and tie, like this sweater pattern: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/airy-wrap-around-lace-sweater
Hmm.. I don't know about not helping at all.  I do agree that "walkers" can be detrimental to gait patterns, but I don't see the harm in letting baby hold onto your fingers for balance.  My ds2 was so so close to walking on his own for a couple of weeks when I started letting him hold onto my fingers to practice.  I wasn't afraid of helping him, I just hadn't really thought to try it.  He got so excited and proud of himself every time, and it seemed to help the motor...
I like the puffed sleeves!  Especially with the waistcoat.  I like a puffy sleeve as long as it's not too extreme (and those aren't).  And your boots are super cute too.
How about something like Vogue 2494?   Looks like it's recently out of print, but maybe you can find it somewhere online?  I've been wanting to make this in a cocktail length sometime.  I did make it once, to wear to a dressy occassion, but I didn't finish it well, and the insides are all frayed.  It's sitting in a costume box now.
Red Heart is a brand of super cheap, super scratchy acrylic yarn, available in gigantic skeins at just about every chain store that sells any amount of yarn.  New yarn crafters often get drawn in by the cheap price (and availability), then once they discover better quality stuff, the red heart lingers in the stash unloved.  At least, that's how I wound up with mine.    Have you tried doing a google image search for film noir dress?  There are some good screen shots...
I recently made a scrap ball bag for making donation blanket squares.  There are definitely a few stray Red Heart balls in there :)
Walking Wings   Granted, I'm short, so I don't have to hunch over as much to help my kids walk.  But, I really can't see taking the time bust out a contraption and strap it to your child every time they want to practice walking.  Plus, how long is a baby in that phase of needing help balancing when they are learning to walk?  My baby just went through it, and it can't have been much more than 3 weeks.    I do love my baby monitor though.  I thought I wouldn't need it...
Yup, as long as there's no one trying to come down.  Down-sliders get the right of way, hehe.  My almost 11 month old spent at least 20 minutes gleefully trying to climb the short slide at the park the other day (we were the only ones there).  He'd get his hands up to the top, and think he was home free and put his (slippery) knees down, only to slip back down on his belly giggling.  So cute!