or Connect

Posts by Angelorum

I made a new nightgown!  It was sort of an experiment with using elastic thread instead of making casings for wider elastic.  It went together so fast!  I did all the gathering with the elastic thread in the bobbin, after hemming the edges.  I ended up having to rip out the gathers on the sleeves and make a quick casing with bias tape, because the elastic thread was too tight when I lifted my arm up to put under my head while side-lie nursing.  Next time, I'll make the...
Meh, I'm kind of on the fence about peplums.  I avoid peplum styles lately, because I tend to wear a lot of a-line or fuller skirts, and you just can't do a peplum over a fuller skirt.  I do think they can work for people though, just not me usually.    Congrats on your fitting muslin!  When I want a pattern to last a long time, or if I need to reinforce a well used one, I fuse cheap lightweight interfacing to it.  Quick and easy, and I always have some on hand!
That's exactly it, kid clothes seem so easy to come by for free, or really cheap.  I do think I'm going to have to break down and sew up some nice corduroy trousers for church though.  Those do seem to be hard to find in stores, all the boy pants tend to have casual looking carpenter pockets and/or zippers and buttons.  Ds1 is getting dextrous enough to do up his own fly finally, but there were a couple of years when he was just too young, and I wanted him to be able to go...
Awww, cute trousers on a cute little boy.  We are opposite, smokering, I am ashamed to say I almost never sew for kids, it's almost always for me.    And I'm so sorry about your poor chickens :(  Is the neighbor going to reimburse you?   So ds1 and I looked at Halloween costume patterns last night.  He liked the (way too much trouble) dinosaur costume, and the robot costume a lot.  I think we can make a robot costume out of some paint and cardboard and things, that...
Wedding dresses are scary to work on!  And I've only done my own.  And, hurray for new maternity clothes, Iowa.   So, anybody thinking about Halloween costumes yet?  Ds1 says he wants to be a Star Wars guy.  He wore a black hooded cloak and carried a light saber last year.  The cloak will be too short this year, so I might try to talk him into something else.  And then there's ds2.  When ds1 was 1 yo, I dressed us both as hobbits, because he had cute baby curls, but ds2...
I finished my shrug/bed jacket thingy.  I wanted something to keep my arms warm and breasts free while nursing/cosleeping.  I really could have used this last fall, when ds2 was tiny.  It'll probably get some good use this fall though.      36/52
One of my facebook friends just posted this contraption.  I think it's super cool, but unfortunately over-priced.  It's really just a pack and play with no legs, and a zipper opening.  That zipper would be so handy though.  You could crawl halfway in to nurse baby to sleep, then sneak out and zip it up!  Or just sneak an arm through if babe just needed a little reassurance in the night. 
I fished my unfinished tiered skirt out of the depths of my crafting closet and now it's done!  It's a lot skirt...I was going for sort of a bohemian look, but it's a little more historical underskirt because of it's fullness.  I think next time I make a skirt like this, I'm going to make longer tiers, so I can have fewer of them, and only have each tier be 1.5 times the width of the one above, rather than 2 times, as I have here.  It's comfy to wear though!  It makes me...
  aww...  :(  I put off cutting ds1's baby curls for a long time.  His hair is still pretty curly once it grows out, but the texture isn't as soft.  It's about time for a hair cut here, his headful of curls is getting pretty unruly.  Ds2, on the other hand, still doesn't even have enough hair for a good bathtime mohawk.  I bought one issue of Ottobre Woman during my first pregnancy, because it had a couple of maternity patterns.  I never made them up though.  I got a bit...
And, your curly headed ds is totally going to look like a wee little hobbit in 3/4 length trousers :D