or Connect

Posts by mccelticmom

I don't know your faith, but I would ask the white light of the Holy Spirit to surround me. Also the prayer to St. Michael the Archangel Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host - by the Divine Power of God - cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits, who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of...
What a beautiful story. It does make sense. Personal opinion ... your vision was either your guardian angel (in child form for some reason) or the Divine Christ Child, who has been known to appear to women discerning the vocation of Motherhood. God bless.
I came into the Church at Easter and I haven't sent anyone to Hell.. (aw, just trying to make you smile) Please come Home! : (that's us Catholics loving the creator)
Quote: Originally Posted by my_baby_love Speaking of birth control, does anyone have any articles or something that I can read about the church's standpoint? I know where the church stands, but I would like to build up my arsenal of arguing points for a conversation I think I may need to have with DH about it. He is not exactly open to having a family according to God's plan, and it's becoming a sticking point here. TIA! One More Soul is a...
Quote: Originally Posted by roostery I'm not sure that this is really what you're looking for, but if you sow a cover crop like crimson clover it would amend the soil while making a lush green (and red blossomed) field. After the first year you could till it into the soil and plant something else. I just went past my favorite parking strip in the city. They usually have a lovely blend of wild flowers but this year they just went with crimson clover. It...
Quote: Originally Posted by adoremybabe Hello everyone. I just stumbled onto this thread today for the first time. My name is Celia and I am a stay at home mother of two. William is 2 1/2 years and Annalise is a bit over 11 months. It is so nice to be in the company of like minded people. I consider myself a very conservative Roman Catholic. Although I do lack in my daily prayer life. Perhaps you all will be an example to me. The parish that DH and I...
My husband is Mr. Visionary. Not to the extreme as written in the book, he does keep a job, excuse me, he does keep the businesses (notice the number two) and does expect everyone to have the same *I'm on cloud nine* approach...he has been happy with this trail in his life for 9 years now... so... Yep, Mr. Visionary is difficult.
Quote: Originally Posted by moonshoes elmh23 - I hope you feel better soon! I had another strange dream last night - Archbishop O'Malley (Boston, my old diocese) was giving out communion and I was wearing a veil (something I have always wanted to do but never have) but everyone in the church was talking LOUDLY during communion and laughing at me. I have more serious issues than I thought... Well...you know...that is how you feel for the first...
Quote: Originally Posted by elmh23 Hi all. We've been very sick this week. I went to the ER on Friday because I was driving when it came on and almost passed out at the wheel (made it to a Burger King parking lot though and called my friends (I was headed to playgroup at the time) to come help me.) It's a tummy bug but it also causes extreme exhaustion. Dh is now sick and ds has thrown up a couple times nad has the runs (but of course doesn't feel the...
Hi Jill! Welcome! I'm a convert, just this year. My husband is Episcopalian right now... Well, we did homeschool. But my oldest is a stuborn head and I had difficult times with him and trying to run our two businesses...so he is in Catholc School, actually our Parish school, which goes all the way through high school. I am very, very fortunate to live where I do, the school is very orthodox in it's teaching of the Faith (but I do keep tabs on it) and requires even...