or Connect

Posts by mccelticmom

Quote: Originally Posted by sarahsmiles See, I've been wracking my brain to figure out what a "full-time coverer" means. I thought maybe it was a work from home opportunity. I haven't even brought myself to try to hippie thing, although I do cover my head a lot for practical reasons -- like not getting my hair washed. There are women in my parish who do cover, but they mostly go for the doily/mantilla look, which I find jarring. A do-rag works...
Quote: Originally Posted by janasmama This is going off topic just a bit but I don't think anyone should give instructions on what to do in a certain situation....the best advice is to seek the Lord and get wise counsel from your church members or the like. I understand the pp point of view that's why I stated my Op the way I did. You are right. I have to agree with you on the describition of men, of types of men...have to say that she...
Quote: Originally Posted by Deir I hope this doesn't sound crazy but here it goes. When I was 23, I had a serious dance injury- broken bones in both feet, no insurance, misdiagnoses, career ending and generally bad time in my life to say the least. I was utterly crushed and broken down. One dark night I was crying and crying and praying (although I am basically a Catholic agnostic-but you know what they say about foxholes. I was in a proverbial one) and I...
Quote: Originally Posted by UnschoolnMa Why the sad face Mama? This is a great thread! I have nothing more to add!
Yeah, now, that's the garbage you got to throw away! Forgiveness for what someone did doesn't necessarily mean *open arms*... I know that I couldn't and wouldn't heed Mrs. Pearl's advice on this matter ... (my copy of the book was put in the garbage because I didn't want to recycle it at a used book store because of what happened to my friend.)
Quote: Originally Posted by CherryBomb Hi Dana Are you a full-time coverer? (your sig is making me wonder!) Hey Katie! No, I'm not a full time coverer...yet. I have been discerning. I go through *times* that I do cover all the time, then times that life gets in the way and I just don't think about it. If I do cover daily, it's usually just a bandana and everyone thinks of me just being a *hippie*...LOL! I do cover at Mass, Adoration or...
She is everyone's spiritual Mother in Heaven...Catholic or not...kwim? I think it's awesome that you like (love maybe?) Mary. Pray to her. Ask her to be your spiritual Mother...it's awesome to have her in our life! God bless.
Happy May Catholic Mamas!!!! Blessed Mother, pray for us! I went to confession last night, brought up a person in my life that I think will send me to Hell some of you may have one ... a MIL! Well, I made confession about something I though about her and said to father, "father, I think she is going to send me to hell!" he said, "or she could send you to heaven, it's your choice".... Ah, what an outlook I had then. This is First Saturday, please spend...
I did like bits and pieces of the book. It really made me examine myself and how I was *treating* my husband. Like most things, with this book, I took the good and left the garbage on the roadside. I think this book is definitely one of those type of books. However, I did give this book to my newly married friend. Her husband became abusive and I didn't realize that my friend was living in that mess all because of the words she read in this book, trying to make her...
Quote: Originally Posted by CharlieBrown Okay, my cousin was only 38. I am very upset with God right now. Why! It is very depressing. Normal emotions. I will pray for you.