or Connect

Posts by mccelticmom

Quote: Originally Posted by exquisitebones Man! I got my birth tub dropped off tonight.. I hope I make it to mass next weekend... Count down on! seriously though, I am still a fresh n00b catholic.. whaty happens if I miss mass due to ahving a baby.. am i still in trouble with jesus patrol? or do i get a out of jail free card?? Ah, you get a pass! I'm a n00b Catholic too! I'm sure your birthing trumps almost all reasons for not getting to...
This one appears to be a mid length using the legs to fill in... cute... http://www.savvyseams.com/clothing/jeanskirt.php
Quote: Originally Posted by SoHappy I use Dr. Bronners in a foam pump dispenser. Just a little soap and a bunch of water. Probably about a 1:6 ratio. Play with it a little until you get the foam consistency you want. If it's not foamy, you probably need more water, not more soap. I just put a squirt of foam on my sponge/scrubber as I wash. Yep, it works! I was amazed. I put a huge squirt and the rest with water and it foams up...
Don't skip Animal Kingdom! There is so much for EVERYONE to enjoy there! I suggest only going two days if you are staying three...go one day, spend one day just goofing off, go the next day. We tried to get so much in during three days that by the end of it all, my legs were hurting so dang bad, they were sore for two...spend a day at the resort, swimming, playing putt putt golf or something, or just driving around...now, that's my advice.
Oh, dear, what a rough spot to be in. Sometimes the best thing is not to be involved that much in a church. Sorry, but I've been through some of the most horrible experiences in churches, gone through splits, gone through *let's get this pastor out* and all of the above. Maybe you should start fresh. Look for a church that feeds your soul, that's most important and then you can easily feed your children's souls. Prayer for you.
Quote: Originally Posted by The Duchess Hello Mamas, Kinda off topic from the dicussions here but can you tell me how you celebrate the Easter season with your family after Easter Sunday? Easter lasts until Pentecost Sunday on May 11th and I would like to recognize each Easter weekday. Do you have ideas you can give me? My children are 7, almost 5 and 23 months. I know that many people celebrate Pentecost by wearing red. Thank you and God bless you...
Quote: Originally Posted by annettemarie Thanks all. I actually am Catholic and remember hearing about this as a child. I also remember my fifth grade nun saying "You just put another nail in the cross" when I did something wrong. I guess I was just wondering this Lent how accurate that was. Sorry. I thought that I have seen you post on Catholic Mamas threads. As for Lent, we use Jesus' example of dying to one's self. If we die to ourself,...
The Agony in the Garden. The very first Sorrowful Mystery of the Holy Rosary. When Jesus was in the garden, the Father showed him the sins of the world. He trembled in fear. He did feel alone for a little time, because this burden of our sins was put upon him...when Satan tempted him, Jesus knew at that moment that this all was to happen and it was His Father's will. Also, in the Catholic Church, we have a devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. This devotion...
I know exactly how you feel! I'm sure we've all been there at some time or another. Start surrounding yourself with Catholic books, read, read, read, even if you are not praying. Then print off the lectionary, and read the daily scripture readings or at least read Sunday's readings. My sponsor gave me some great advice. Even when you don't feel like praying and being spiritual at home, keep going to Mass, stay with the Sacraments and just keep going. And...
Quote: Originally Posted by b&c'smama I have really loved reading this thread. I became Catholic as a teenager, but have never really been deeply connected or involved with Church. DH and I were married in the Church, both DS' have been baptized, and I have attended Mass semi-regularly, but that's about it. I was a pretty "casual Catholic" to say the least. It is fair to say I am pretty clueless about my religion! Now my oldest DS is getting ready...