or Connect

Posts by mccelticmom

I did some searching around and got this answer: A person posted it on a forum, but I'd have to dig more for a link, fwiw : The Creed is optional when there are the Scrutinies, (prayers for the elect who are to be baptised a few weeks later.) From the book Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults: "... then, if required, the profession of faith is said. But for pastoral reasons these general intercessions and the profession of faith may be omitted." (RCIA, n. 143, 157,...
We didn't do a Profession of Faith this past Sunday as well... I'm off to find out if this has to do with Lenten Season... Everyone was vested in a dark Pink. I know that during Advent that is the third Sunday of Advent, and the reading are about joy, etc. So, I don't know if there are certain Sundays during Lent that the N. Creed is omited. I know that on Easter Sunday/Easter Vigil we should recite the Apostales (sp?) Creed because that is the profession used...
Hi from 'Bama as well!!!!
Whoa, you are lucky...25 years! My DH and I probably need to purchase a new one ourselves and we've only been married 10 years... Nope...it's not that.... For some reason, no matter how often we turn them, etc, we end up with sagging, like an outline of our bodies and then it starts hurting our backs... So, I'm think tempurpic (sp?) you know, a big 'ol piece of foam.. Anyway, are you sure it's your mattress? Sounds like it may be your bed itself...
eShakti Just throwing this pants suit out there.. You can custom fit it. Even get the pants in white, etc...
Quote: Originally Posted by lisa49 Holy crap....she's not coming Yea! Surprises are so much fun!!!!!!!
Congratulations! My little men nursed this long and everyone was so happy! Way to go mama!
I think Aunt Flo is presiding over a meeting with her cohorts that manufacture pregnancy tests and they haven't reached their quota this month and once they do, she will leave the meeting and arrive.
Quote: Originally Posted by Megs Mom Hi, mamas, I've been so busy but it's good to catch up with you. We have ben discerning whether we are called to homeschool next year and would appreciate your prayers about that. Also, my youngest brother (23, high school dropout, lives at home, no job, many chemical dependencies) is being prayed over/for by a group who believes he has "demons attached to him" and I would appreciate your prayers for him and my...
Quote: Originally Posted by cfiddlinmama On a side note: if I could please get some serious prayers. Like I mentioned above, my dh is an alcoholic. I have some very scary and serious decisions to make. Please pray that I make the right ones.... Quote: Originally Posted by moonshoes I'm so sorry you are going through this. I am praying for you. My DH is also an alcoholic, and I know the pain and anguish it causes. I...