or Connect

Posts by mccelticmom

whittaker - I am so sorry for your loss. I will pray for you. You say that it's God's way of showing you that you can't control everything...so you lose the baby. Well....I must tell you, we experienced the exact same thing, except I got pregnant on my honeymoon. My DH was a horror *we can't have a child* *I'm not ready*, then we lost it. Broke my heart and I'm sure that it bothered my DH, although he just went on with his life and didn't say much. I held much...
Hi Catholic Moms! I am Dana. I will be coming into the Church this Easter. It's been a long journey, since I orginally joined this forum to converse with Pagan Mamas. I've been on a journey to the church for over four years. Back and forth, back and forth between Chrisianity (which included Catholicism) , New age, etc. and now, I really feel at peace and at home with the truth of the Catholic church. It's been hard, but hey, nothing comes easy. I've hid from...
Praying Like Jesus by James Mulholland A great book. The Heart of Christianity by Marcus Borg another great book. You are not confused. You are normal. : Like me, lol!!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by MiaPia Thank you all for your help and great suggestions. I have done a lot of reading on both Anglican and UU religions actually, as I do feel drawn towards both of them, as well as the Religious Society of Friends. It is just so hard for me to take that first step to going to a Church though, that un-nerves me. But reading these posts was extremely helpful! Since you are familiar with the Catholic Church and...
Hip mama, may I recommend a book. If Grace Is True. I beg you to please, please read this book. Find it somewhere, purchase it if you can...it will change your life. In a nutshell...books talks about how God's love is Unconditional...not Conditional. And that's pretty much what you are saying..right?
I think you should continue to ask him about the voice. Very much could be a spirit guide. I had one as a child. I think it's very important that we encourage our children to talk to us about these things and not supress it. Good job mama!
I"m a small business owner. So I try to stick to small businesses. Food - local grocery store Clothes - consignment for kids (locally owned), undies...well, target. We have another great store that sells very high quality items, so if I just purchase one very nice shirt for myself, vs five from WalFart that will have holes in them next year (or after one wash) I'm money ahead..kwim? My kids get two pair of shoes, one pair to play in, one pair that is nice. I buy...
I just made a Magic Loaf! Yum! Now...that's comfort food!
I am a aspiring Vegan. So...I'm joining in. Maybe tonight, I can read some more on this forum. I need all the help that I can get. #1 reason, to lose weight. Then #2, started reading all that crap about hormones, etc....oh, I've stopped eating meat cold turkey ....now to make sure that I don't overload on fats...
Can you look into the nearest *large* city? Call their landfill. Call the county landfill? This is my new year's resolution....I need to do the same.