or Connect

Posts by mama naturale

Always open to the idea but my daughter wanted to go to school. I wanted to homeschool with my son who was unwell but husband didn't agree. My next child didn't like the idea of going to school so we didn't send him and we have since taken the older 2 out of school.
Accepting Minecraft and gaming as something worthile wasn't easy for me since I never got into games but I am trying to see it from my children's view. Saying that, my children don't have problems with doing other things, they can spend time on a game and then go to the playground or play outside or draw or whatever else they feel like doing including eating and sleeping adequately.    I used to think its only fair that the kids clean up after themselves and they have...
I strew activities more than things. I have plans to get some books and have some ideas of activities that i hope they will join me in (eg. gardening, juicing, crochet etc). Just things I think they might like and I csn offer., to give them ideas etc.I don't like clutter so its not in the way I have read about. I don't offer texbooks or workbooks but twe have been given some. Also my daughter was at school so there are few textbooks around, they are not evil to me,...
For unschooling to work imo, trust is the most important thing. I am unschooling for the relationships. WE don't limit or have rules and this has been key for us. I am absolutely amazed by what my children are learning adn that they seem more affectionate since I ahve been trusting them more. Quite often when I clean or cook, they want to help. Not always but sometimes. Its not a perfect life but there are wonderful moments. With presence you will see they are not doing...
With my first UC I was very happy that I birthed as my big kids slept This time I wanted the same just did not go to plan My husband was at work and my 4 kids were in the house (two in their room and my eldest and my youngest were with me) My eldest was very helpful filling the pool and keeping it warm She kept her distance while I birthed but I know she was uber curious of what was happening   I don't think I could have another baby now The uncertainity!...
Yes can be very frustrating. I had my first three in hospital, thought I had natural births but it wasn't anything like what birth should be. Made very obvious when I had an UC totally unhindered, normal and physiological.
Gentle Birth Gentle Mothering (Sarah J Buckley) was a great book I just read in this pregnancy - great info from a Dr who freebirthed her last baby and had her first 3 at home. I read a lot online when I was pregnant with my 4th baby (my first UC) but a lot of it has disappeared such as the purebirth website. An article I found helpful was Fish cant see water by Marsden Wagner.   My husband was not for UC at all in the beginning of my last pregnancy. My mind was...
I really struggle when my babies are small. Now my house is clean but my youngest is 2.5 and its so much easier because he is out of nappies, not feeding all night, etc. He doesn't make as much mess now. :) I feel like I can be more on top of things without a baby in the house. This will change next month! I really have no idea how people can have really clean houses with a small child. What I find helps is keeping the house decluttered and also having support from my...
Its interesting that its somehow fine for the medical profession to say whatever they like and practice non evidence based care but to go against it we have to defend it the ends of the earth. No thankyou. My husband was attacked by someone the other day because of what happened to her daughter (4 hour labour ending in cs , no more details given). I said to him, its not even up to you to worry about people like that, no one is forcing her to homebirth. I have chosen to...
My 4th child was very difficult at this age. I was okay with night feeding (he still slept okay) but all day constant feeding was very hard. I couldn't do much else. It got the point where I had to say no and avoid sitting down so I wasn't always feeding. He did cry and tantrum but I had to let him do this and we became happier which was amazing. I wanted him to feed til 2 which he did (still feeding now) and I in the meantime got pregnant, he went down to feeding once a...