or Connect

Posts by SeekingSerenity

I'll look into it, thank you for the information!  Honestly, if it can help me feel better, I will try it. 
I've been looking into it because my midwife is a CNM and I am birthing at a hospital, so to her "induction" means "pitocin," and I won't do that.  I had all 3 of my first children in the hospital with OBs, and #2 & #3 were both induced.  Epidurals do not work for me for a couple of reasons, so birthing a baby with pit-contractions and no pain relief is something I've done twice.  It's roughly similar to torture, especially combined with being strapped to a monitor and...
Count me in!
Hildare.... I'm game on the bead swap.... I know I don't post a lot on here, but I read all the time on my phone.  It just takes forever to type it out and I don't get a lot of time at home unless (like now) I stay up really late.  Anyway, we did a bead exchange with my last DDC, wayyyyy back in July 2008.  It was pretty fun and I think about it every time I see beads in the store.    I have been so sick and so tired... and I'm pretty sick and tired of it.  LOL!  I...
I'll be 28 weeks on Saturday.  That's pretty much the same way I feel and I seem to have gotten over my little bug-thing I had.  Won't call it the flu, even though I was throwing up and felt awful for a couple of days.  I didn't feel... well, flu-ish.  Heheh... Then I had pink eye, courtesy of my 3-year old.  He "shared the booger-eye," as he called it.   The part I hate is the shortness of breath.  I always feel like I am gasping and can't catch my breath, because...
Well, they changed my due date to February 14.  I haven't stopped thinking of it as being the 4th, though.  LOL... I believe there is absolutely only one time this could have happened, and that was May 14, meaning 2/4 is the EDD.  Two consecutive ultrasounds both showed me as 10 days behind that, though, so they are simply adamant.  My very first baby was due on the 14th, and I conceived her on Memorial Day weekend.  I think this little one is just kinda small, although...
I put all newborn, although if someone chooses to supply me with some 3-6 month clothes, I'll gladly take them.  I have tiny little ones, usually, and although they grow well, they don't get as big as fast as other babies their age.  (I am 4'10.5" so, being incredibly tiny myself, I am pretty much used to this.)
Around 36 weeks, with the last 2 pregnancies, I started taking MasterGland supplements.  Supposedly it's meant to just get everything (hormonally) lined up in preparation for labor.  I also did castor oil, which didn't work (for labor purposes) with #5 but kick-started labor for #6 quite nicely.  I am interested in finding out about the black or blue cohosh supplements to get things going when the time comes.  Having had so many, I go through prodromal labor that lasts...
I will chime in although I am still a couple months away from being single mom of 4.  Right now I have an 8-year old (with Asperger's), a 6-year old, a 3-year old and am pregnant with a little girl due in February.  How I will handle it all, I have no clue.  I really can't let myself think about it too hard or I start to panic.  I am a full-time student right now, living on VA housing assistance, TANF, food stamps, etc., but because of the TANF rules I will have to go...
Sleeping sucks.  When I am awake, I am always so tired all I can think about is going to sleep.  I can fall asleep lightning fast, but I can't stay asleep. And once I wake up, I toss and turn forever.  Ugh.  Then on top of it, I've been sick and can't seem to get better.  This happened last year too, when I wasn't pregnant, and I really hope it doesn't get as bad as it did last fall.