or Connect

Posts by mommyshoppinghabit

Bought a pack of unsweetened banana chips. Kids hated it as a snack. I'm thinking maybe if I chop them up in the food processor, they could make a pretty yummy breakfast item when mixed with a little chocolate or whatever else and then baked. I just tried to do a search on Google and then foodblogsearch.com but didn't really find anything except this recipe, which uses all these other gf flours I don't intend on buying.
Quote: Originally Posted by Smokering This, I don't get. I don't share the PP's problem with infertility, as far as I know. Nor did my mother; she had six children. I don't have the problem of extreme poverty, being a rape survivor, having a broken marriage, having a loved one commit suicide, dealing with issues surrounding adoption... I do have the "problem" of being slightly Aspergic, and I imagine most of the people on this thread don't share that....
Have you ever encountered a challenge where you spun your wheels and thought and worried, and reasoned, and could not come up with a solution? Or only came up with band-aid fixes? That's because the part of the brain that we are using is only good at mundane tasks like remembering where we live, what things are called, doing math, etc. The part of you that has the solution for everything is not your mind but your intuition. Intuition is a very still part of you and me. It...
The OP is meant as a jumping off point into awakening from conventional thinking. There are many jumping off points, some of them will not reverberate with you at this point in time and that's ok. If you are content with your life, then keep plugging along. Someday, somwhere, you will read something or hear something that clicks on a lightbulb in your head. Or not, that's ok too...only humanity will not go on b/c we are rapidly killing ourselves and our planet with the...
Quote: Originally Posted by lilyka idk. there are things I want in life. really really want. Have you ever sat still and felt this wanting? Wanting something feels like you are reaching out for something and it is always out of reach. That is an energy in the pit of your stomach or in your chest. When you carry that around with you, that energy is the energy you bring to the table while you do anything and it makes your life substantially...
Quote: Originally Posted by MusicianDad If I really just try hard enough and believe I can do it, I will be able to see perfectly. That is not what I'm saying or even implying. I guess it would take a book to explain this whole area of perspective.
Speaking of healthy make-up, what is up w/Bare Minerals? They tout themselves as being so good for your skin but when I tried on some @ Ulta, it looked awful so I don't care how good it's health benefits are. But anyway, isn't it just zinc/titanium, which really isn't good for you? Was shopping @Bloomingdale's the other day and really wanted to buy this simple tank-top that was made of grey jersey w/ black ribbons criss-crossing it all over. Simple idea, but $145!! if I...
And as for this being a "privileged" response to the problems of the world, a smack in the face to the poor dying in third world countries: how would class and poverty even exist all unless at some point in history we, as a species, started to think of ourselves as separate beings with finite/limited resources instead of part of a continuum linked to the rest of the universe?* And if some information makes you feel worse about yourself, what does that say about the credit...
I'm not endorsing positive thinking, The Secret, or any one self-help method. Have I ever bought a self-help book? Sure (btw I hate The Secret, as it omits the most important stuff). But that was a long time ago. Any breakthroughs I've had were long after that, and on my own or in one-on-one sessions. And then the stuff that I've read come back to me and made more sense. I suppose it was just my time to break through. I kind of knew if I posted this thread that there would...
Quote: Originally Posted by Catubodua thank you! I was going to write something mean like "well, someone's all fired up from hearing a motivational speaker" but yours is much better. Wow, what are u guys so afraid of?