or Connect

Posts by mommyshoppinghabit

Quote: Originally Posted by cody'smomma Like, you can choose to be happy. Like I could just flip a switch and instantly be in a good mood. Not to be even more annoying, but actually you can choose to be happy, or at least peaceful (which is a little better than happy IMO) rather than in a crappy mood. And DH used to always tell me to "change my mood" whenever he and I were fighting, or "switch your attitude" which really hit a raw nerve and...
You don't have to believe me. Nothing counts but experience.
I enjoy the show. When I first saw the promo before the season began, I thought it would be all about the creative process and it would be filled with creative geniuses. Guess I was wrong on both counts, but it's still entertaining. Have you guys seen Project Rungay's posts every week? They're pretty much spot on.
I heard the term Shakti recently as it applies to female energy, then googled it and came up w/some articles that contained way too many Hindu terms. Very intrigued by the idea that all women are an embodiment of light and that men are the embodiment of consciousness, and that is why female energy is drawn to beauty and creation while male energy is drawn to pure awareness (as in the seconds following their favorite sports team scoring or the big O) Along the way of...
I like clothes, I like make-up. I like shopping for clothes and make-up. I think I'm probably on the less crunchy side of the continuum here on MDC but that's OK with me. I really love it when there are discussions on TOA centered around clothing but I don't visit other fashion or make-up-centric discussion sites so I thought I'd start one here since I love everyone here already. How about summer fashions, what are you liking, disliking? Challenges? Makeup? Heard about...
Quote: Originally Posted by journeymom I think the danger is that having this much 'choice'- I can do anything! -can be overwhelming, especially for literal-minded folk like me. Sure, I can do anything. Should I do it all?? There really isn't anything one needs to do just because one should do it. A 'should' is something you impose on yourself or you think someone else is imposing on you. "I 'should' become a better person," I once thought...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kivgaen "I don't want to" or "I choose not to" I tend to agree with you. What made you decide to post that? I'm going to these "coaching" sessions b/c I want to start working again. The coach/therapist/whatever you wanna call her said this to me. It's incredibly liberating, at least to me, to know this. In a spiritual sense, we are all unlimited beings. The limitations were created by the mind, and we remember...
You self-imposed any limitations you have, no one else. And you are the only one who can remove that limitation or barrier. When you say "I can't do something" what you are actually saying is "I won't do something" or "I have resistance to doing this" ETA: This is not a judgment on the situation that anyone else is in. Another words, it is not meant like the drill sergeant yelling at a new recruit or Jillian Michaels yelling at a Biggest Loser contestant to just get up...
I think in the Vedic tradition out of India, they liken the human thought process to a drunken monkey. Well yesterday, I had an epiphany that when unsettling thoughts/pictures/storylines from the past pop into your awareness and you allow yourself to keep holding it in your awareness, it is like building yet another bar on the playground for the monkey to swing from (you know, like at the zoo, where they have man-made trees for the monkeys to play on). If you just allow...
Might want to check out JCPenney. I've never thought of looking for a dress there but then saw the banner ad that's being displayed on MDC and they are getting in some not so frumpy stuff lately. Boden is having a sale right now, although you won't be able to try it on. Check this out, fun skirt and top, although probably do one or the other, not both together. Your tummy is not even noticeable. I would definitely show off those long legs, definitely go above the knee....