or Connect

Posts by mommyshoppinghabit

It's so patronizing, the way they portray him. But my 2 yr old loves it. And when was this cartoon produced! I hate the mom's outfit. She always looks like a sack of potatoes with that lumpy sweatshirt with the lace collar! And that goes for Mother Bear of the Berenstain Bears too! (Sigh, I can't censor by fashion critiquing)
OP, if you give me a rundown of what your figure is like from top to bottom (what you like, want to show off, what you want to hide, I can do a little online searching for you. Start at your neck. Long or short (you have a long neck if you look fab in turtlenecks and crewneck t-shirts, short neck if you look like you have no neck when you wear those things and look better in v-neck and scoopneck shirts) Arms: toned or jiggly? Bust: Big, tiny, or in between? Waist: long...
I've never used any Dove products but out of all the major personal care companies out there, all have skin lightening creams, especially if they have offshoots in Asia.
I read some really great articles recently about these two topics and wanted to share: (latest two posts) http://gpwalsh.wordpress.com/
Just read this on twitter about how Dove is doing a casting call for it's Real Beauty campaign and yet the stipulations is that you have "flawless skin" and no scars, and even after that the real people will have the living daylights retouched out of them. And then a few months ago I remember seeing the cover of Marie Claire where Jessica Simpson was supposedly totally sans make-up and unretouched, but the girl has had plastic surgery to her face! And then there was a...
Hmmm...sorry to detract. Don't take any offense, this is must my 2 cents. I think that J.Crew dress will not do anyone's body any justice. I don't think it even looks good on the model. Although the top is criss-cross and that's always nice, the bottom just sort of shapeless and potato-sack like which will not look good on anyone with even the tiniest tum-tum issue. The patagonia skirt is cute, but really too casual. I can see someone crunchy pairing it w/a tank top and...
Can someone fill me in about Danielle? I do not watch the show but I always watch Andy Cohen's Watch What Happens Live and she was on performing a song. I know she is known for being the crazy one but I don't understand the deal w/that song. Is she saying that she is a lesbian now (not that I think there is anything unnatural about lesbians, just her and the drama that swirls around her and that pulled-back plastic surgery-ed face, combined w/the insinuation of lesbianism...
Quote: Originally Posted by FoxintheSnow I read something on msn last week with lots of befores and afters of past contestants. Lots if not most gain the weight back. Not all of it, but about 50% of it. It's probably because they lose weight so quickly which has been proven to not be effective long term. Also they need to give them counseling I think. Anyway, kinda depressing. Hah! I was digging up this thread just to ask this very question....
The reunion show (lol)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixBP4EfuhVA
DH and I are having kind of a struggle right now b/c I don't sleep in our bed most nights. He sleeps alone there. Most nights these days, I fall asleep next to my 4 y.o. I get a better night's sleep when I'm in ds's room than in the master bedroom. The soothing white noise machine I have going in there plus the dark curtains makes for a good sleep environment for me (and DS). Plus I have to lie next to ds to put him to sleep anyway. If I lie there, I get sleepy, and it's...