or Connect

Posts by mommyshoppinghabit

Aww, that was a nice season finale. I kind of welled up when Ramona and Mario did their speaches (only just a little). I'm glad Alex will (probably) not be back. Once she realized she looked pretty stupid pretending to live the glam life taking trips to St. Barths (in August) and going to the opera in the first two seasons, she cut out delusions of grandeur and turned out to be a big bore with nothing else to say. Doesn't make for good TV although she's probably a very...
OK, I fell in love w/ the Club Med program and they do require a vaccine certificate, whatever that looks like, for my 2 yr old to be in their daily programs. OK, so I'll at least be able to drop off my older child and just have to look after the 2 yr old all day, unless I can fake it somehow. Even if not, I guess it won't be so bad, I just won't be able to sit back and close my eyes throughout the day.
My kids are not vaxed at all. We are thinking of taking them to one of those massive resorts w/kids club. Seems that one or all of them require medical forms that the children have received all their shots. Are there such things as waivers in this situation? Eta: I don't mean obviously that the hotel requires confirmation of vaxes to enter the hotel, just only to join the kids club activities.
Did anyone watch last night's episode? What did you all think of the Kelly breakdown? I knew it was going to be a good episode so I stayed up to watch. This could be career-ending for Kelly (if she had a career to begin with). I wonder what motivates these women to be on the show unless they have some business to promote like Ramona and Bethenny do. Bethenny seems to be the only one for whom this reality forum has really been a boon. The rest of them I think have all been...
Has anyone tried to culture the milk made from the coconut cream concentrate? I'm wondering if that would work as I have two jars of it at home. Also, do I have to get a non-dairy starter in order for the culture to multiply in a non-dairy environment like coconut milk or can I purchase a regular dairy-based starter (I don't think my kids will react to the tiny amount of dairy in the starter as they are not eating strictly casein-free anyway)?
I have a korean "fish grill" that is basically a broiler pan w/a grill mesh over top and a handle, but when I place it on my stovetop, the juice from the food drips thru the holes of the pan. I just tried googling "non-toxic grill" and "indoor grill non teflon" and something called a "raclette grill" which is made of granite (is that safe?) and a korean "pebble grill" which I couldn't even figure out how that would work. Does anyone know anything about these or any other...
We've already given our deposit for the upcoming school year to the synagogue preschool that both my sons are currently attending. Ds1 will be in pre-k in the fall, ds2 will be in a 2-3 yr old class. It's an OK school but I'm not in love w/it. So I was just looking around recently for where to send my ds for kindergarten and I visited a Montessori school a few weeks ago that takes children from 18 months to 6th grade. I really love the school and wish I'd known about when...
I like Bohemian kind of clothes but don't like it when it takes a hippy-ish turn like as in patchwork skirts with clonky boots. I like outfits to be a little more stylish and sophisticated and expensive-looking with a arts n crafts twist. Anthro is my default place to look for clothes but these days they are sort of boring me. Is there some seller you guys could recommend on Etsy or another site altogether that is kind of like this but a bit funkier, more creative, more...
Quote: Originally Posted by gbailey These housewives are a total snoozefest.I'm so into the New Jersey ladies. Really? I think the casts are both full of crazy women but I'm kinda repulsed by the NJ ladies b/c it's like watching people I see everday around me. They're very suburban. The NJ stuff looks like it could take place within a 5 mile radius of me, like practically in my backyard, but NYC has always held more caché in my mind so even...
Quote: Originally Posted by MrsMike What do you all think of the new housewife, Jennifer? We haven't seen much yet, but she seems pretty cool. I guess she is a new staple character on the show but that was soo out of left field. I knew that Sonja Morgan was being added to the cast but no idea about her. I thought she was just someone Jill was meeting to plan her holiday party (the one where she said she wants to do an entrance on ice, lol), but...