or Connect

Posts by nudnik

I can't commiserate with most of it, because I didn't know beforehand it was twins... (I did find plenty of other things to worry about, just check my ddc ) But as far as co-sleeping, yes my big boy (also under 2) is out of my bed, but the two babies sleep with me. I have co-slept with a newborn and toddler, but this toddler is not trustworthy! I also nursed the whole pregnancy, although only once or twice a day. He still does nurse occasionally, although I don't...
I'd take that risk. Once the first is born, you're all stretched out, minimizing the risks of a breech. Chances that a baby will go into distress aren't all that great. Why give yourself a 100% chance of a drugged birth (and the cascade of interventions that is possible) because of the 5% (OK I made that up) chance of needing a C-section for the second twin?
It changes, but every night we have "transition" - a nice chunk of time where they want to eat nonstop. At the point where I'm about to lose it, they finally really fall asleep! Tonight they were asleep by 10:00, but often it's about 8:00. Then they are asleep the whole night, except for midsleep nursing. (Which, by the way, is much better staggered. When they take turns, I ALSO sleep the whole night. When they both want to eat at the same time, I need to sit up to nurse...)
My singletons ranged from 8lb 10oz to just an ounce short of 10 lb. The twins were 7lb 4oz and 7lb 8oz. I was pleasantly surprised how much easier the birth was
LOL I think I jinxed myself. It gets harder... now. These two have started to want/need to eat ALL. DAY. Thankfully not all night, but still! They are either nursing, catnapping on me, or screaming. At about 9 pm they calm down, and are peaceful or asleep. I'm guessing it's a growth spurt, which I hear can last a full week! My mother is concerned that I have supply issues, but they are producing a decent amount of "output" as far as I can tell. Looking forward to the...
Once upon a time, there was a land called Litluns. There, they loved babes. When a Mama heard the call of her babe from the Island across the sea, she would brave the Bridge of Babes to go bring it home. The Bridge was long and made of a very flexible material so it wouldn't break during the journey. But when the wind blew, the bridge would shake and bend, sometimes making it very hard to cross. Some Mamas just couldn’t make it across to meet their babes. At a time of...
Well yes it was unusual! It took under 2 hours from the first contraction (last record was 5 hours). And it turned out to be twins. THAT was unusual!
Here I am with 1 month old twin girls, and it's thankfully pretty manageable. The nursing is going fine, it is possible to n2ak (only n1ak right now though). Yes it can be tough to need to sit up in bed and nurse when both wake up at the same time, but with some of my singletons they were such tough latchers I needed to do that anyhow. Yes, sometimes they cry at the same time, but so I just nurse them both and they're both happy. Etc. I want to be mentally prepared -...
Dealing with this too... DS is 21 months, and would love to nurse more. It's just so hard when he wants to nurse either right after the babies (and he's a harder sucker, so it can HURT!) or when there's plenty of milk but I'm afraid he'll eat it all and there won't be enough for the newborns. He seems to end up nursing once or so every other day, but it's so heartbreaking when I have to make him stop, either for worry that he'll dry me up or because it's too painful. (LOL,...
Happy 1 month bday, little girls! The names are Chana (grace in Hebrew) and Shterna (star in Yiddish). They are SOOO cute, look totally different, and great nursers. I am so glad I didn't know they were twins beforehand. This worked out so perfectly, and I didn't even have to pay the increased "twins" rate for the birth! (usually goes for the third midwife)