or Connect

Posts by nudnik

Thank you everyone for the happy thoughts and congrats Stuff really settled down, hard to imagine that just a month ago I was feeling so miserable! The babies are super-cute (lost my camera charger so no pics for now) and surprisingly easy - some nursing marathon sessions but otherwise they're happy, calm little girls that seem to basically know night from day! (thank G-d!) And of course, they have names - Chana (Baby A) and Shterna (Baby B). Chana means grace in...
This is posted in my DDC, but for those looking for positive twin homebirth stories it might be easier to find here! - I'm in total shock here! Surprise twin girls! They aren't really letting me sleep, and my birth story is just bouncing around in my head, so I figured I'll just write it up. I was sitting calmly eating a light supper and doing some surfing, when I felt my first painful contraction this pregnancy. I couldn't quite ignore it, but I only have babies on...
Date + time of Birth July 15, 6:40 & 7:08 pm Username (real name) Edd nudnik - EDD July 3 or 11 Baby Name + Sex C (girl) & S (girl) Gestational age 40+4 or 41+5 Weight + Length 7lb 4oz and 7lb 8oz Arrival details + weblink to photos or birthstory etc Surprise twins - born at home, midwife missed the first baby! http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1243955
OK, would like some feedback on this idea: I want to give my midwives a gift, but I can't really afford that much (I still have to finish paying off the birth...). I'm also not that good about knowing what's a nice kind of thing to give. I was thinking to print and frame Hathor the Cowgoddess's "BirthsMart" series (she'll send you a PDF for $1) for them to hang up in the office somewhere (don't know where...
Quote: Originally Posted by Surfacing Please keep reaching out for help if you need it. We want you to be well, not just your babies. Thank you, I really needed to hear that. Thank you all, for sharing in the joy! It really means a lot. Thankfully things have definitely improved. The midwives put me on a week of bedrest, so I have maximum chance of healing up quicker. The back pain is gone, and the afterpains come and go in their...
I'm in total shock here! Surprise twin girls! They aren't really letting me sleep, and my birth story is just bouncing around in my head, so I figured I'll just write it up. I was sitting calmly eating a light supper and doing some surfing, when I felt my first painful contraction this pregnancy. I couldn't quite ignore it, but I only have babies on Tuesdays, and here it is on Thursday. So I opened my contraction timer and continued to eat. I had made up with my...
Afterpains were AWFUL last time and I'm dreading them again. I did even try Motrin once but after no noticeable reduction in pain, I gave up. I hate taking pills.
Wow, congratulations! Happy birthday, baby! That was one speedy and wonder-filled exit!
I hate the temperature of the world. I. am. SO. HOT. I have essentially been in the bedroom all day because it's the only room with an A/C. The house is falling apart around me. The ants are making themselves right at home. The flies and fruit flies are back. I have never felt this huge and unwieldy before. And I am only 38 weeks and fully expect to go to at least 41. So I have no pressure to really even finish preparing for the birth, even if I felt like I could!
Did Google direct you to spinningbabies.com? Lots of good tricks there! Hope baby flips AND stays!