or Connect

Posts by Azryel

Awesome, thanks for your replies. I've assumed it is probably fine since he is happy, but you never know... After all, my first was perfectly happy to be carried in a Bjorn as a newborn, and I now know that wasn't the best way for him to be carried. * Jaime
Yeah, it's a pretty bad ad. Even after reading this thread, I was surprised when I went to watch it how negative it was on babywearing. You know, I find it weird how often parenting techniques that make my life EASIER (breastfeeding, co-sleeping, babywearing) are framed as things that make a mom's life HARDER. I wear my kids in part to keep ME happy -- it's not a sacrafice I do for my kids. * Jaime
Cool. I have the infant insert, but haven't really been a big fan of it. I think I'll give it a try wearing my 9 week old without it today. (We've been using a Moby wrap instead -- and love it -- but it takes so much longer to put on that it'll be nice to have a quick option available as well.) * Jaime
My 9 week old infant has recently started to prefer to have his legs splayed when we carry him, and I'm curious if we could accidentally hurt his hips by doing so. Up until now we have primarily carried him in a Moby wrap in the "newborn hug hold": http://www.mobywrap.com/t-instructions-NewBorn.aspx But we have recently started switching to the just plain "hug hold": http://www.mobywrap.com/t-instructions-Hug.aspx (His knees, however, are higher up than shown...
Exciting, Rachel! Can't wait to hear about your little one's birth. * Jaime
Welcome little boy! * Jaime
Yay, Catherine! Good luck finding the right name. * Jaime
Exciting things are moving along. With the brown color, I would worry about meconium staining. My water has always been clear. I'd guess it's probably worth getting checked out soon. * Jaime
Yay Marisa, and welcome Freya! Your pictures are great. I can't wait to hear all the details. * Jaime
Welcome Princess Buttercup! I'm glad you're so healthy. * Jaime