or Connect

Posts by dentmom3

OP - I was there 3 years ago. Our daycare put a special band on BM bottles ONLY and the staff wore gloves to feed the babies the BM. I was the only one pumping and pumped for over a year so I totally get where you are coming from! I knew that they were doing what they had to because of regulations but it still bothered me. Even though I knew logically what was going on, it still got me in the gut.
Thanks so much! Turns out that the little guy has pneumonia (which I suspected) and an ear infection! No wonder he hasn't been sleeping! There is a long history with this friend and I which is too much for this board (or my typing skills!) but I have been getting a lot of this lately and chalking it up to my own hypersensitivity. Lately it has felt very much like jabs more than anything else. Now, luckily, my last patient has cancelled and I am going to go...
DS, who is 3 years old, has had a terrible cough and fever since Sunday night. I have been sleeping with him when he gets up in the middle of the night for more water, thus I have not been sleeping all that well as I am worried about him and his coughing and tossing and turning is making it hard for me to sleep. (I give you this info because maybe in my sleep deprived state I am being hypersensitive) I posted on Facebook about the little guy being sick (103 fever x 3...
Quote: Originally Posted by naturalmamaof1 I'm sorry you have to be away from your children. Looks like your doing it for the right reasons, not so you can have a "break" and get away from these creatures! I WOH, 2 days a week. My children are not "these creatures" but, yeah, I enjoy a break. It happens, conveniently, that my break consists of practicing dentistry, something I trained years and years to do and something I enjoy greatly. I...
Quote: Originally Posted by BethSLP I'm a twilight fan, but I think its not appropriate for younger girls. SO much of that story is about the romance between Edward and Bella. For the record, the second story finds Bella almost comatose for half the book because Edward leaves and she can't live without him. I really think our girls have plenty of time to get into that dramatic "I can't live without a boy" romance stuff. Its not the violence I'd worry...
Not weird, just a little delayed. The two year molars come in, *on average*, around 2 years old, but for some kids that means 15 mos and for others it could be 36 months. Just two fewer teeth to clean for now!
DH and I went away for a week without the kiddos when the older two were 18 mos and 3. Similar situation with travel for work bringing us close to somewhere we had always wanted to go (Colorado, Rocky Mountain Nat'l Park). We had a fabulous trip and were able to do some great hiking that we just couldn't have taken the kids on. It was also a 'last hurrah for a while' trip as when we got back we started to TTC for #3. The kids were with grandparents, they had a great...
I could have written your post myself! I work 2 days a week in the same field as DH, so I know exactly what his stresses are at work - the same ones I have when I work! But somehow the fact that I work 40% of what he does translates into me doing 100% of everything at home! It has gotten to the point that he doesn't even load his dirty dishes in the dishwasher. We don't need my income for our budget. And we have discussed me quitting to SAH which DH has been...
Hmmm...depends on the day! I don't have to work for the money. I make a fraction of what DH makes , mostly because I work only 2 days a week and don't own my own practice. So working for me is about loving what I do, enjoying the interactions with my patients and co workers and being able to justify the cleaning lady. Also, working is good for my marriage. DH would say he doesn't pressure me to keep working but he does and I think if I stayed home full time there...
Let's see - DD - first name is for a late friend, middle is for a living relative DS - DD picked his first name, she was 2 years old and we liked it so we went with it. His middle name is for a late relative AND a living relative (family name) DS2 - found his first name in movie credits, looked up the meaning and liked it. Middle name is for a late relative.