or Connect

Posts by dentmom3

I posted a too wordy thread about this before but I really could use some advice so I am trying again! We are leaving our daycare center for the wild world of nannydom! The nanny is already hired and we are confident in our choice. But I still would love your tips and suggestions on the things we should work out in advance and the potential pitfalls that those of you who have/had nannies have experienced. We have 3 kids - that will be in 2nd grade, half day K and...
Hello all - Haven't posted here in a while but I've been lurking. Here's the deal. I work 2 days a week, we've been paying for daycare 3 days for the boys, who are not yet school aged, so that I can volunteer at DD's school. Come the fall when DS starts K then he would be 2 days at daycare like DD and our little one who will be 3 would be 3 days so I could again volunteer in both older kids classes. We have loved our center for 6 years but recent management changes...
When I pumped for DS1 I had a sign that had a man milking a cow on it and the words "Do Not Disturb" underneath. Now I know that some people would find it offensive to compare mama's milk to cow's milk but at the time I was pretty happy to be out in the open about pumping, especially since the sign was clearly visible from the front desk and we were very open at the office about what I was doing in there.
Well, if 8 weeks makes you a bad mom then I am even WORSE!!! I went back when DS was 5 weeks (part time) and was back at my normal schedule when we was eight weeks. And he is a wonderful, well adjusted 4 year old! I really needed this thread this week - having a 'bad mommy' time myself when in all honesty it is more just me beating myself up than anything else. If only I saw myself as my children see me instead of worrying about how anyone else sees me...
Quote: Originally Posted by the_lissa It is definitely personality because every mom I know has a hard age and an easy age. For me, infancy is my favourite age. I find it so easy, instinctual, and happy. I HATE the 2-4 age. It makes me want to tear my hair out. WOW! Such a personal thing! I'd say 2 - 4 is my favorite age! I have a terrible time with infants, especially newborns - now as my youngest has hit 2 I am enjoying parenting more...
I never worried that we would be dropped by our center, and I did at least some of the things that you mentioned. Didn't start solids until much later than other parents, sent EBM, sat and nursed at pickup even though my other DC were still in their own rooms at the center. Maybe there were staff members that were annoyed by me, but there is one teacher who has been quite vocal about how happy she was with what I was doing. She praised the EBM, oohed and aahhed over...
I participated in my first triathlon yesterday! And as cool as I felt after the finish I saw a mom nursing her babe at a picnic table near the finish! I have always been too nervous to approach a nursing mom to applaud her. I guess I am afraid they will think I am nuts, but I guess the endorphins got to me. I went over and congratulated her on finishing the race and on finishing and nursing too! She laughed and thanked me and told me that while she didn't win her...
oh man, sometimes I have that feeling too! You are supporting your family! That's why you are doing this! You are a partner to your DH and so lucky that you are able to each have time taking care of the children (no daycare worries for you!) Do you like what you do at work? What are you in school for? I have those days and all I can say is that some days it hits me and other days it doesn't. I've found that the days I am most satisfied with my work are the...
I currently have somewhere in the neighborhood of $50,000. I consolidated all of my loans but paid off one that could not be rolled into the consolidation loan. All told the total loans were around 65,000 when I entered repayment. I am EXTREMELY lucky, I went to a state dental school (tuition was reduced from private schools) and I ended up with a full scholarship for three of the four years!
Hi there! I am a part time dentist, practicing 2 days a week from 8-5. I have 3 kids, as of next week DD will be in first grade, my DS's are 4 and 2. On the days that I work, I bring the kids to DC. The school bus takes DD to school and back again. Because our center charges by the day it is more economical to have the kids go full day and just work fewer days. But when they are all in school then my goal is to work shorter hours while they are at school but more...