or Connect

Posts by dentmom3

More than I have been getting lately!!!! While I do WOH P/T, I am mainly a SAHM. What I need is for DH to put his dishes in the dishwasher. To maybe not be the last one up in the morning? To have an answer to 'what's for dinner' occasionally instead of just a question. And maybe, a little recognition that keeping peace, order and the kids away from the TV for much of the day, is a feat in itself?
OP here again. I have been thinking about my initial response to the whole pageant thing and where my violent reaction may be coming from. I have read all of your responses and agree that cutting off contact, no matter how I feel, is unwarranted. So thank you for the reality check. That said, I realize in reading my initial post over and over, that the internet is a tough place to get all of the nuances of a situation into the story. So while I admit that I...
I had this issue with DD last year and it drove me nuts! There I was trying to make sure she just enjoyed spelling and learning to read without correcting her all the time - and all she wanted to do was get it exactly right!!!! And then she spoke to my SIL, who teaches K. SIL told DD that K spelling is all about the sounds not about every letter. DD was still a little suspicious, but started to calm down about it. Then came her K teacher, and DD took her word as...
OP here - ok, I get it! I am over reacting! I still have a yucky feeling in my gut, but I will have to get over it. Quote: Originally Posted by Porcelain Interior I think it's weird that you called her back to get the dirt on their weekend plans, that's probably what put her on the defensive. As far as that goes, I left out the part that was irrelevant to the story, that in her conversation with L my DD also told me that L's mother was...
DD got a phone call yesterday from her friend. We've known this family for several years, since the girls were toddlers. And while there are some differences in the ways we parent, there haven't been any sticking points for me up until now. It hasn't mattered to me that they never BF at all, their choice vs my choice even if I would choose differently. BUT, DD's friend lets it drop that she is going to be in a beauty pageant this weekend and can't come over to play. ...
I'm here for you! This *was* my struggle and internal battle for the last year or two but I am in a happy place now! I opted for the part time job, still gives me an outlet for my career talents, gives me a change of scenery so I am not as stir crazy as many of my FT SAHM friends and still gives my kids the 'feel' of me as a SAHM. As DD put it, you are an at home mom, except for the days that you are a dentist. Some of the benefits of me working are more tangible...
Quote: Originally Posted by Sri Radha I am a dental hygienist. I clean teeth, place sealants, scale and root plane, educate patients, take x-rays etc. I have been doing it 6 years and I like it. I will stick with it because I like being able to work part-time and still take home decent pay. Sometimes I day dream about doing something else but it's a good fit for me. I dream of opening a vegetarian/vegan cafe and bakery. But I don't think that...
The division of labor is an issue in our house too! Seems DH wants it both ways some times - to the point that I have turned to him more than once and told him that if he kept treating me like I didn't have outside responsibilities then I was going to quit my job and make it that way! Part of the issue is that DH seems to require direction at home. Maybe it is more direction than I think one should require when picking up the days mess, but if he needs it then I...
Love the responses I am reading here! What a nice thread to read!!!!!!!!!!! I am feeling all warm and fuzzy inside with the respect being shown for ALL the choices that are out there for the OP. OP - Whatever you do, do what 'works' (no pun intended) for your family. When I literally cried on the shoulder of our ped once about this topic he told me there is no right or wrong, only what works for our family. And he recommended sitting down once or twice a year...
I'm right there with you! I WOH 2 days a week, Monday and Wednesday. The kids all go to a great childcare center. I wish we could use the co-op preschool in town but we'd need a nanny that I would trust driving the kids around and I don't have that. Besides, we love the center the kids go to!!!! So I have all the WOHM stuff, getting everyone out of the house early in the AM, packing lunches, dealing with sick kids and daycare, and great friends both teachers at our...