or Connect

Posts by dentmom3

Didn't want to read this and then not post! I know you need a hug right now! My situation is slightly different in that I *do* WOH a little so that does give me a respite from the 24/7 needs of three small children BUT I will say that I have BTDT with the DH who works all the time. DH owns his own dental practice with 3 locations. He does have a partner but the partner is nearing retirement and more responsibility is falling on DH. This results in weeks where DH...
I don't remember any personal information being required to set the account up - in fact there seemed to be a lot of safety features in place. One of them prevented my daughter from naming her bear webkinz 'Barry' - said that they would not accept the name and I still can't figure it out! As far as the ads go, according to their own site they are not currently running any ads but there was a spot to switch them off entirely that you could click now just in case they...
The signs our kids used the most were more milk please hurt all done Funny that even the 6 year old will use them when she is talking with the little guy (who is almost 2!) and the little guy continues to use them even though he can speak.
Ooops! OP, forgot to say that one of our neighbors is an MD who SAH, and another is an attorney who SAH as well. Not PhD's, I know, but more advanced degree SAHMs out there!
Quote: Originally Posted by molarmama I wish that were true. We do have have to maintain our licenses and keep up with CE credits. Sorry for lurking. I have such a strong desire to stay home. I currently work 3 days, which is nice. In the next year I plan to cut back to two. I don't feel like dentistry is something you can leave and go back to. And i worked so hard to get here and it cost so much money. Hey, molarmama!! I know we have...
Quote: Originally Posted by GuildJenn I find with myself whenever I am reacting strongly to how someone else is labelling themselves or others, it's a sign that I myself have something unresolved going on. WOW. I don't have time to read this whole thread, although I will come back to it when I am not at work.... I just had to stop and say that your statement above really resonated with me. You have given me so much to reflect on this...
I'd say don't even give it a second thought! Treat is as naturally as you would going to the bathroom, or fixing your hair or something. Not to equate pumping with either of those! When DS was 2 months old I switched jobs, that is I quit one job before my leave and then started another when DS was 8 weeks. Now that I think about it I did the same thing when DD was 8 weeks as well - in her case I finished my residency and started my very first job! And I showed up...
DH had the V - was told that he had "very favorable anatomy" BTW. That made me sad because I was actually hoping that we would someday have the oops after the V baby! Ok, I was hoping that until the night that DH pointed out that I was 8 days late and I sent him to the store to buy the HPT and he was so freaked out I thought he was going to choke! Then he hit a deer in his car on the way to the grocery store to get the HPT!! It was not a good night. To top it all...
3 things help us tame the scraggly, snagged up hair monster. 1 - when I used to blowdry DD's hair at night it always seemed less tangled in the morning. 2 - I stopped blowdrying as frequently when I started putting DD's hair in a loose braid down her back when she goes to bed. 3 - if DD is too tired for me to braid her hair, which she sometimes is since I have to brush it before I braid it and she still doesn't care for that - then I offer her a shower in the...
I have a PIS that I can give to you if you want it! I am done pumping, done having kids and don't know what else to do with it. Actually I have 2 of them - long story involving faulty wiring in our old house that made me think the old PIS wasn't working and then once I bought a new one you can't return them!