or Connect

Posts by dentmom3

What a timely thread - I was thinking of starting one last week when the following was said to me - Ex neighbor was visiting our house (sort of a Christmas visit - but one where they dropped in, didn't call and then let themselves in without knocking....anyhoo..) She's trying to get DS3 or DD5 to have a sleepover at her house with her older kids both teenagers. Neither kid wants anything to do with it. So she turns to me and says "Wow, you would think they would...
How do I know I made the right decision? I guess I never will know for sure, then again, I will never know for sure that I married the right man or had the right number of kids or had them at just the right time. If I lived all the what ifs, I'd make myself crazy. I'd agree with the PP that part time working rocks! I work 2 days, love my career, love my practice, my patients and love our childcare center, so the kids are well cared for when I am gone and I am a...
We were hanging around the house on Christmas eve when the doorbell rang and it was a teacher from our childcare center! She had brought gifts for all of the kids (small things like cute socks for DD, and colorforms for DS), some home baked cookies and a gift for DH and I. It was a framed 8 x 10 of DS2 (who is in her room) that she took this year! I love finding pictures of the kids that I hadn't seen before or in a long time so this was perfect!!! This particular...
Quote: Originally Posted by Viewfinder Giving kids SWEETS when they are not going to be brushing their teeth for hours is detrimental to dental health=BAD HABIT VF I was reading the whole thread looking for a mention of dental health in here! Thank you! I cringe at the thought of DD eating candy first thing in the morning when she gets to school and then not brushing her teeth until bed time. Especially something as sticky as a starburst. ...
My 5 year old Makes friends with anyone at the drop of a hat is gracious and helpful is reading so well! is willing to cut off her gorgeous long hair for locks of love - her idea, not mine (we have a friend whose child lost her hair from chemo) My 3 year old the great snuggler makes everyone in the family laugh looked at me today and said you're a good mommy and when you do silly things I love you and you make me laugh ...
I love that I am in the field of my dreams. I have wanted to do this since I was a teenager. I love that I touch the lives of so many people on the days I work. I do my best to make a visit to the dentist a pleasant experience. I love that I contribute to our financial well being - the kids will be all set for college, we are contributing for retirement. I love that my kids see me working out a good professional and personal balance. I am a good example...
DD started FT at 8 weeks for a month until I finished my residency and then she went down to 2-3 days (it has varied as my offices needs have varied) since then - she is 5.5 now and in half day K and goes to DC 2 days a week after K DS1 started 2 days a week at 6 weeks old. I know this is just thinking this to make me feel better, but he was a very sleepy and content baby, so he slept most of the day at DC anyway - and the teacher in the room loved to have one to...
I am only part time with 3 little ones, but my good friend is due with her fourth babe in a couple of weeks and owns her own practice while her husband works full time as well! They are the model of efficiency - she bags their snacks and sides for their lunches all on Sunday night, he washes the kitchen floor *without he asking him too!* while she does the laundry. The kids are pleasant and well mannered and they are already thinking of a fifth child! My lessons...
We pay $435 a week for three kids but they don't go full time. DD is only half days 2 days a week (before and after K), DS3 is 3 days a week in preschool and DS1 is 2 days a week. The part time thing really gets you because it costs more per day than full time would.
My kids love both the HSM movies. DS who is 3 sings all the songs with a marker standing in front of the fireplace (our 'stage') and he and DD pretend to be in the show. DH and I did the whole dance along thing to both movies as well. I will say that DD was bothered by the fact that they do kiss in the second movie. And she totally got the plot, even at 4 years old. But DS is just more into the music and the dancing than the relationships.