or Connect

Posts by dentmom3

wasn't aware that DD had begun noticing this until the day she told me that she thinks that people with brown skin are way cooler than the rest of us. (new kid in her childcare center who has a dad that is always on the cell phone and dressed very stylishly - the dad was who she mentioned when I asked her who was cooler than me!)
OP again, still feeling like I want a wife, or like other posters have said maybe I need another ME. Last night we both had work related and mandatory things we had to do at the same time. He went to work in the morning and wasn't home until 10 pm. He really does work his tail off. And I am not complaining about the fact that I am able to work part time or that I do more at home than he does (since I am home more than he is) BUT he went to his thing without a...
I put PhD or more since I think the OP meant for doctorates to go in there. University of Rochester for my BA University of Connecticut for dental school 2 year residency in general dentistry
Quote: Originally Posted by esteg0 BS in Marine Biology then Dental school plus 3 years of Residency... Which means I was in school FOREVER! : Welcome! I'm a dentist too...are you ortho, perio, endo? DH is perio and I am in general practice
Glad there are so many of us out there! OP here with an update. Spoke to DH this afternoon. He called to check and see what we were up to. Wanted to know if I had gone to the Y for a run on the treadmill - he was suggesting that I go. Until I reminded him that DS was home SICK and that we weren't going anywhere. This conversation led me to wonder, who was it that I woke up next to this morning and who was that man that was there when I was running the shower...
So all 3 kiddos slept until 6:30 this morning, unheard of around here. So I had time to really do my hair and makeup before work and then the little guy woke up. He was up all of Friday night but we chalked it up to teething and he had a fussy weekend, but we figured it was the teeth or a phase or something. He woke up barking like a seal at 6:30. Immediate panic for me and not an issue for DH. He was totally unconcerned. WHY? Because he has me. Because I am the...
Quote: Originally Posted by madskye I have never had anyone be outright rude, but I do get questions that hurt "How can you leave her every day? I could never do that!" and often feel an inability to connect at gatherings where I'm the only mom who works out of the home. Funny how different perceptions are, when I have been asked the abov question I have found it to be terribly rude. Could be the tone in which it was asked. As for the...
I voted for "I gain the weight back" but I guess that isn't fair as the last time I committed to dieting I had no children yet and here I am with 3 kids 6 years later, so I haven't had the real chance to diet with all the pregnancies and nursing I have been doing. I will say that I think the OPs point is valid. I do believe I have a set 'range' and that no, I will never weigh 100 pounds, not even for a minute. I believe that ALL diets fail. Because as soon as you...
New reason to love our DC this month!!! LOVE the teacher in our Kindergarten room. DD goes to public K in the mornings and then to our DC's K in the afternoon 2 days a week. The teacher there is a mom from the center that found out there was going to be an opening and asked for the job. She stepped into the spot in the spring. SHE ROCKS!!! For the last several weeks she has been working with the kids about charity, giving and community. They got the Alex's...
Love it when that happens! I glean all sorts of good stuff from our childcare providers and the kids pick up all sorts of good habits from their teachers as well. I'm right there with you in feeling the love for our daycare!