or Connect

Posts by ZippyGirl

NAK...   J, what do you think of the Gerson Therapy?  Not for mental illness, but for cancer or other degenerative disease?  I have some anecdata to support its use (eep!), but I'm curious what you think.   With regard to the scientific method, I have respect for it, but I think it's limited.  Gold standard methods are tough to achieve for nutrition studies.  There often isn't a lot of funding for diet research, and peer review is not all it's cracked up to be.  For...
  J, I don't have a history of mental illness or depression, so I apologize if my question sounds silly.  If a person with depression is willing to try a dietary change that some suggest has helped them in the past, do you think it is worth trying before going on a pharmaceutical?  It would depend on how serious the case is and how quickly an intervention would need to be effective, but I am curious what your thoughts are.  Because pharma is not animal friendly (testing...
Jaimee, school for us isn't the problem.  The other families make us look like fast food regulars!  It's the neighborhood kids.   So, Katie, when she's at a neighbor's house, she sneaks food if I'm there.  And it's like she can't stop!  It's awful.  She shoves the food in as quickly as she can.  It's totally the forbidden fruit, and it's all my fault.  Now, whenever she eats something, I smile and nod to let her know it's okay (even though the obsessive self is...
  I think a lot of us obsess about it, clearly!  You're not alone! But I am curious.  So many of us have strong feelings about the food that goes into our bodies and the bodies of our children.  How do you plan on dealing -- or how have you dealt -- with eating around other kids whose parents aren't on the same nutritional trip as you are?  I feel like I really went down a bad road with DD, and now I have loosened the reins.  But I can see how my obsessiveness has cause...
I am very grateful for this discussion.  Nutrition is one of my favorite topics, and one of the reasons I stick with this board is because such a broad and diverse body of nutrition knowledge is discussed frequently.   I am a funny mix when it comes to food.  We follow a *mostly* lacto-ovo vegetarian diet, but I am not vegetarian.  We eat organic, but avoid Big Organic food.  Our favorite restaurants are raw, vegan restaurants.  I have deep respect for vegans,...
Sara, did dinner burn?????????   I'm waaaay behind on this thread...
yes, called "no impact man"
Oh, I loved the movie!  The parts that focused on the backlash he received were particularly fascinating to me.  Wow.   Joanie, how long have you played the piano?  What are your favorite things to play?
Would you mind sharing your Etsy shop, or telling us what you sell there?
When I first read the spotlight, I thought you said, "Taco Bell".  I walked around the house thinking how odd it was that you loved Taco Bell after reading about your thoughts on diet, nutrition, grass-fed, etc., etc.  Then, I re-read it when I wrote my own post, and realized you had said "Taco BOWLS".  The world makes sense again.