or Connect

Posts by mammatomyboys

We have no problems with CO in our smoothies either, other than the occasional small "chunk" as it hardens with the cold things. Odd that yours doesn't mix. Could it be your blender? I am a big fan of the Magic Bullet for our smoothies. Other ways I've found to get CO in my kids: *over oatmeal *over toast *use as base to saute veggies or cook an egg *freezer fudge (recipe to follow) Peanut Butter Freezer Fudge 1 c organic virgin coconut oil 1 c organic...
Quote: Originally Posted by macly Since we are on the topic of yogurt, how do you all keep it warm during the incubation? beansmommy you mentioned a heating pad? I am about to start my first try at yogurt and was excited to see this post. Sorry to jump in on the post Tonya! My method is not very "high-tech", but I've had consistent success with it, so I'll share my process. I start w/ 1 quart raw milk and add about 1/3 c dry milk powder. I...
I noticed that they're A LOT cheaper than most other AIO diapers. I once had a couple of Kushies covers and didn't care for them at all (lots of leaking; didn't hold up well to washing). Anyone had good success with their AIOs?
my boys sometimes get red/swollen penises and it isn't an infection or anything. wish I could help you more..[/QUOTE] So what do you do for that? I guess for prevention I could put a diaper rash cream on the penis and then put a small piece of cloth between it and the diaper to protect the FBs. It's gotten to where this happens the DAY I put the FBs on either of my kids (my 3yo is out of dipes during the day, but still needs one at night). Well, it's comforting...
I've been using cloth diapers for about 2 yrs. I'm on my 2nd CD kid. Since moving about 1 year ago, I've had this recurring problem with my diapers that I can't get rid of. When I put them on my kid(s), they get what looks like a UTI. The tip of their penises get inflammed and raw-looking. It took me awhile, but eventually I made the connection between this symptom and the cloth diapers. So I stripped the diapers and inserts, tried them again, but again and...
Quote: Originally Posted by midstreammama I would if I could. Don't cleaning people generally clean and not pick up clutter? That is what I really need. I will look into it, you can bet on that. Thanks! Cleaning companies generally clean w/o picking up clutter, but there are plenty of good individuals out there who will do whatever you want them to do during their time at your house, whether it be organizing closets, doing laundry, or...
Quote: Originally Posted by Roar The book The Optimistic Child is really good. http://www.amazon.com/Optimistic-Chi.../dp/0060977094 I've been meaning to buy the 7-year-old book by Louise Bates Ames, so I looked this one up to on the site where I buy books (half.com) and found this one for $0.75! Thanks for the recommendation!
Thanks, I appreciate the ideas. I often talk to him about choosing his attitude, and one of my favorite mantras is "the attitude of your heart is your only real posession." I like the "change of perspective" language - same idea, but a fresh spin. I'll definitely have that conversation with him.
Quote: Originally Posted by DoctorGirlfriend I hope this isn't overly simplistic, but what does your son have to say about what he wants? Does he have any ideas about ways that would make it easier to be the oldest? His ideas, to me, are unrealistic things like "don't let ds2 copy me." ds2 is enamored with ds1 and copies him at every chance. Also ds1 says that we get him in trouble when it's not his fault. Well, a typical interaction would go...
I know this isn't really a GD answer, but it sounds like you're just really overwhelmed at life in general right now. And you mentioned that the cleanliness of the house has been an issue, and that your dh isn't a lot of help. Can you afford any help, like a housecleaner? I found that during a season when life was overwhelming for me, paying someone to come and clean for 2 hrs, once every week or two was a huge help. I had more time and energy and mental facilities and...